Make sure to celebrate Easter with these Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs. Yellow candy melts are used to make Easter eggs and then filled with goodies like hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows.
These Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs are perfect throughout March and April for making hot chocolate.
Enjoy this hot cocoa drink in the evenings throughout the spring.
Kids and adults will love dropping these Easter eggs into hot milk and seeing it turn into hot chocolate. These cocoa bombs might look complicated but they are easy to make.
You just need the correct chocolate mold, some yellow candy melts, and to fill your chocolate eggs with everything you love to put in your hot cocoa.
In about 1 hour, you’ll have yellow Easter egg hot cocoa bombs that look ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMBS
Yellow chocolate Easter eggs are filled with hot cocoa mix and marshmallows for a delicious hot drink you will enjoy! Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
Head on over to Facebook, where we share not only our delicious recipes but other recipes we think you might enjoy! Make sure to follow us.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Silicone Molds
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave-Safe Bowls
- Nonstick Skillet or microwave-safe plate
- Pastry Bag or Ziploc bag
EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMB INGREDIENTS
This fun Easter Egg Hot Cocoa recipe uses easy-to-find ingredients to create a delicious drink you will love. You can find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store and through online stores like Amazon.
All you need is:
- white candy melts
- yellow candy melts
- hot cocoa mix
- mini marshmallows
- hot milk
- Easter sprinkle mix
EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Begin by placing the yellow candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until smooth and creamy.
Stir the chocolate well, and spoon or ladle it into the molds, making sure to coat the inside of the molds.
Pour the excess chocolate back into the bowl, place the molds in the refrigerator or freezer, and let harden for 15 minutes.
Remove molds from the refrigerator or freezer, and carefully remove the half chocolate eggs from molds, placing 8 half eggs in a row.
These will be the bottom parts or half of the cocoa bombs.
Heat a nonstick skillet, on low, and place one-half ball with the open side down, melting just the edges, remove, and place on a cookie sheet, and fill the ball with the powdered cocoa mix and mini marshmallows.
Repeat, until all 8 eggs are done.
Place the other half of the chocolate eggs in the skillet, with the open side down, and melt just the edges of the egg.
Remove from the skillet, and immediately place on one of the chocolate eggs, filled with the cocoa, etc., making the top of the egg/bomb.
Or place a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 1 minute and then remove and place the edges of the cocoa bomb on it to melt it.
Hold the hot cocoa bomb in place for a few seconds to make sure the top and bottom are melted together.
Next, melt the white candy melts in a bowl and pour them into a Ziploc bag.
Cut the tip-off of the Ziploc bag and drizzle melted white candy in back and forth motion on top of cocoa bombs and add sprinkles.
Place them in the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes, until the chocolate is completely set.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
Place one hot cocoa bomb in the bottom of a large mug, and pour heated milk over the top.
The cocoa bomb will melt and bubble, and marshmallows will float to the top. Stir the powdered cocoa, and enjoy!
In about an hour, you’ll have a beautiful hot chocolate drink that’s sure to become a new favorite!
EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMBS TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made a hot cocoa bomb using candy melts, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
We LOVE Instagram! If you want to see what yummy recipes we share, then you should follow along! We hope to see you over there.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMBS?
This Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe takes approximately 70 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- Close to 5 minutes to melt the candy melts and pour the chocolate into the molds
- Around 15 minutes for the chocolate balls to harden
- 10 minutes to melt the edges of the chocolate balls, fill with goodies, and seal them together
- 35 minutes to fully harden in the refrigerator and drizzle with white chocolate
HOW DO I STORE EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMBS?
You can store Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months.
To use, drop it into a mug and then pour hot milk over it.
CAN I MAKE EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMBS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs the day before serving.
Simply store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer.
When ready to use just drop the Hot Cocoa Bomb in your hot milk.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMBS?
Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bombs go well with a wide variety of Easter snacks.
These recipes would be great to serve together.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Bunny Cupcakes
- Crock-Pot Carrot Cake with Caramel Dolce Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cadbury Creme Egg Fudge
- Homemade Peeps Marshmallows
- Basket Weave Cake
CAN I USE HOMEMADE HOT COCOA MIX INSTEAD OF STORE-BOUGHT HOT COCOA MIX?
Yes, you can use homemade hot cocoa mix in this recipe instead of store-bought hot cocoa mix.
The steps will be pretty much the same.
Using pre-made hot cocoa saves a ton of time. If you have an amazing homemade hot cocoa mix recipe use it.
WHERE DO I PURCHASE EASTER SPRINKLES?
You can purchase Easter sprinkles at large grocery stores and online through places like Etsy and Amazon.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE?
This beautiful Easter Egg Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding mini chocolate eggs to the inside of the hot cocoa bomb. YUM!
Get your free Grilling Time & Temperature Chart Printable when you subscribe to my email list! I’m so excited to share this printable with you! It will help make grilling a breeze. You’ll never have to wonder what temperature to cook your food at again. Plus, you’ll get great emails packed with recipes, tips, free printables, and more!
EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE
EASTER EGG HOT COCOA BOMB
- 6 oz yellow candy mets
- 1-2 oz white candy melts
- 6 tbsp hot cocoa mix
- ½ cup or more if desired mini marshmallows
- Easter sprinkle mix
- Egg shaped mold
- Microwave safe bowl large plate, small plate, spoon or pastry brush, pastry bag or ziplock bag, scissors
- Place a large plate into the freezer.
- Heat candy melts in microwave in a microwave safe bowl, stirring between each heat session, until fully melted.
- Drop a spoonful of melted candy into each egg mold cavity.
- Using a spoon or pastry brush, spread candy around the entire mold cavity, making sure to get up the sides.
- Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with a second coat of candy, then freeze for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove large plate and candy filled mold from the freezer.
- Remove candy eggs from mold and set on the chilled plate.
- Heat small plate for 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Fill 8 of the chocolate eggs with hot cocoa and marshmallows.
- Place an empty half egg upside down on warm plate and move around slightly to melt the edge. Attach to filled egg.
- Pour remaining melted candy into the pastry bag or ziplock bag and snip off the very end with scissors. Reheat if it has started to thicken. Seal the seam with a layer of piped candy.
- Heat white candy melts in a pastry bag or ziplock bag in 30 second increments, until fully melted. Massage bag in between heat sessions.
- Drizzle melted white candy in back and forth motion on top of cocoa bombs and add sprinkles.
- Refrigerate and use within a couple of days.
- To use, place in mug and pur 6 oz of hot water or milk over and stir well, then drink.
I hope you enjoy this Easter hot cocoa bomb recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!