Silly Monster Pretzels are a classic fun treat that’s sweet and salty and just plain silly! Pretzels are dipped into bright green melted chocolate, then candy eyes are added for a silly monster look! It’s a fun, no-bake snack the whole family will enjoy!
While Silly Monster Pretzels are traditionally served as a Hallowe’en treat, this particular recipe is so fun, you’ll enjoy it year-round!
This Silly Monster Pretzel recipe is so silly and easy to make you won’t want to use pretzels any other way. In less than 20 minutes, you’ll have an enjoyable snack ready to eat!
HOW TO MAKE SILLY MONSTER PRETZELS
Twist pretzels are dipped into bright green melted chocolate, two cute candy eyes are added, and the whole chocolate covered pretzel is allowed to dry. This is a delicious snack the whole family will enjoy! Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
SILLY MONSTER PRETZELS INGREDIENTS
This quick and easy Haloween Monster Pretzel recipe uses easy to find ingredients and takes just mere minutes to make. All you need is:
SILLY MONSTER PRETZELS RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
This silly monster pretzel recipe is really easy. In as little 10 minutes, you’ll have a fun treat that’s sure to become a favorite! You simply:
- line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper
- melt the green candy melts in a Candy Melting Pot or microwave-safe bowl
- dip the pretzels into the melted candy to cover
- place on parchment paper once dipped
- add the eyes before the melted candy solidifies
SILLY MONSTER PRETZELS TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Silly Monster Pretzels, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE SILLY MONSTER PRETZELS?
I love this recipe because it’s so quick to make and requires no baking! This Silly Monster Pretzel recipe takes approximately 19 minutes and about half of that time is waiting for the chocolate to harden. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 45 seconds to melt the chocolate in the microwave
- Close to 5 minutes to dip all of the pretzels into the chocolate
- Around 3 minutes to place candy eyes on each pretzel
- 10 minutes to wait for the chocolate to harden
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT COLOR OF CANDY MELTS INSTEAD OF GREEN?
Yes, you can use any color you want. Blue or orange would also look perfect!
WHAT ARE CANDY MELTS?
Candy melts are colored white chocolates. They easily melt and taste like vanilla white chocolate.
HOW DO I STORE SILLY MONSTER PRETZELS?
You can store Silly Monster Pretzels in an airtight container in a cool place. If your home is humid try storing this snack in your refrigerator to avoid the chocolate from melting.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH SILLY MONSTER PRETZELS?
Silly Monster Pretzels go well with a wide variety of snacks. Some of my personal favorites include:
CAN I USE GLUTEN-FREE PRETZELS INSTEAD OF REGULAR PRETZELS?
Yes, you can use gluten-free pretzels in this recipe instead of regular pretzels.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS SILLY MONSTER PRETZEL RECIPE?
This simple Silly Monster Pretzel recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile. Try adding orange sprinkles, smarties, oreo cookies under the pretzel. YUM!
SILLY MONSTER PRETZELS PRINTABLE RECIPE
Silly Monster Pretzels
- Candy Melting Pot
- 15 pretzel twists
- ½ cup Wilton Candy Melts vibrant green
- 30 Candy Eyes
- Begin by lining a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Use a fork to dip the pretzels into the melted candy, making sure it is completely covered.
- Once it's been dipped, place each pretzel on the parchment paper. Then, quickly, before the candy hardens, place 2 candy eyes on each pretzel.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate sets.
- Using either a Candy melting Pot or a microwave0safe bowl, melt the candy melts until they are smooth. If using a microwave, place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until candy is cmpoletely smooth and melted.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!