Peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect pair. Try out these Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Bombs for the ultimate hot cocoa drink.
These white chocolate cocoa bombs are filled with peanut butter chips, hot cocoa mix, and marshmallows, then decorated with melted peanut butter chips.
These Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Bombs are perfect for making hot chocolate with a taste of peanut butter.
Enjoy this hot cocoa drink in the chilly evenings throughout the fall and winter. Kids and adults will love the peanut butter hot cocoa drinks.
Who can resist peanut butter and chocolate? This would be a great after-school or after-work treat.
In about 1 hour, you’ll have peanut butter hot cocoa bombs that will taste amazing ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE THIS PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMBS RECIPE
White chocolate balls are made and filled with hot cocoa mix, peanut butter chips, and marshmallows for a delicious hot drink you will enjoy!
Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Silicone Molds
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave-Safe Bowls
- Nonstick Skillet or microwave-safe plate
- Pastry Bags
PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMB INGREDIENTS
This tasty Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa recipe uses easy-to-find ingredients to create a delicious drink you will love.
You can find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store and through online stores like Amazon.
All you need is:
- white melting chocolate
- hot cocoa mix
- mini marshmallows
- hot milk
- peanut butter chips
PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Begin by placing the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until smooth and creamy.
Stir the chocolate well, and spoon or ladle it into the molds, making sure to coat the inside of the molds.
Pour the excess white chocolate back into the bowl, place the molds in the refrigerator, and let harden for 15 minutes, or in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
Remove molds from the refrigerator or freezer, and carefully remove the half chocolate balls from molds, placing 6 half balls in a row.
These will be the bottom parts or half of the cocoa bombs.
Heat a nonstick skillet, on low, and place one-half ball with the open side down, melting just the edges, remove, and place on a cookie sheet, and fill the ball with the powdered cocoa mix, peanut butter chips, and mini marshmallows.
Repeat, until all 6 balls are done.
Place the other half of the chocolate balls in the skillet, with the open side down, and melt just the edges of the ball.
Remove from the skillet, and immediately place on one of the chocolate balls, filled with the cocoa, etc., making the top of the ball/bomb.
Or place a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 1 minute and then remove and place the edges of the cocoa bomb on it to melt it.
Hold the hot cocoa bomb in place for a few seconds to make sure the top and bottom are melted together.
When all the cocoa bombs have been filled and melted together.
Place more peanut butter chips in a separate microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at 15-second intervals until the chocolate melts.
Stir well, place the melted peanut butter chips in a pastry bag, and pipe the peanut butter chips over the cocoa bombs.
Place one hot cocoa bomb in the bottom of a large mug, and pour heated milk over the top.
The cocoa bomb will melt and bubble, and marshmallows will float to the top.
Stir the powdered cocoa, and enjoy!
In about an hour, you’ll have a yummy hot chocolate drink that’s sure to become a new favorite!
PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMBS TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made a hot cocoa bomb using white chocolate, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMBS?
This Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe takes approximately 40 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- Close to 5 minutes to melt the white chocolate, and pour the chocolate into the molds
- Around 15 minutes for the chocolate balls to harden
- 10 minutes to melt the edges of the chocolate balls, fill with goodies, and seal them together
- 5 minutes to drizzle with melted peanut butter chips
HOW DO I STORE PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMBS?
You can store Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Bombs in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months.
To use, drop into a mug and then pour hot milk over it.
CAN I MAKE PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMBS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make peanut butter hot chocolate bombs the day before serving.
Simply store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer.
When ready to use just drop the Hot Cocoa Bomb in your hot milk.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMBS?
Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Bombs go well with a wide variety of snacks and drinks. These recipes would be great to serve together.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Quick Dipped Strawberries
- Salted Caramel Brulee Latte
- Caramel Apple Dip
CAN I USE HOMEMADE HOT COCOA MIX INSTEAD OF STORE-BOUGHT HOT COCOA MIX?
Yes, you can use homemade hot cocoa mix in this recipe instead of store-bought hot cocoa mix.
The steps will be pretty much the same. Using pre-made hot cocoa saves a ton of time.
If you have an amazing homemade hot cocoa mix recipe use it.
WHERE DO I PURCHASE PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS?
You can usually purchase peanut butter chips at your grocery store where they sell chocolate chips.
If you can’t find them there, you will be able to easily find them online at places like Amazon.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE?
This yummy Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding mini Reese’s peanut butter cups to the inside of the hot cocoa bomb. YUM!
PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMB RECIPE
PEANUT BUTTER HOT COCOA BOMB
- 2 cups White Candy Melts
- 2 cups Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 cups Peanut Butter Chips
- Place white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place 1 tbsp melted candy melt into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even. Repeat with 12 bomb mold halves.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently tap the sides of the mold, pressing on one side of the chocolate to make the chocolate slide out of the mold.
- Fill 6 of the molds with 1 tbsp hot chocolate mix, 1 tbsp peanut butter chips, and 6-8 mini marshmallows.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge chocolate cup to the top of one of the filled cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb.
- Place remaining peanut butter chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- Using a piping bag or a fork, drizzle the melted peanut butter chips over the assembled hot cocoa bombs.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
Whether you’re looking for a fun new drink to make for your family and friends or just want a delicious way to warm up this winter, these Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa Bombs are sure to please.
With the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter flavors, they’re sure to become a new favorite cold-weather treat.
I hope you enjoy this hot cocoa bomb recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!