Delicious Fluffy and Creamy Easter M&M Cheesecake
Easter is coming up soon which means its time for delicious treats like this fluffy and creamy Easter M&M cheesecake! This recipe is easy to follow and results in a decadent dessert that will wow your guests.
Talk about a great dessert for Easter, this is it! It's so colorful and will match the Easter Eggs in any basket. The flavors are so good, and the cookie crust just makes this so delicious.
It's straightforward to prepare and is sure to make a stunning presentation when served. Everyone will love this one, so make sure to keep it in your favorites!
Easter would not be complete without this Easter M&M Cheesecake. It is a colorful dessert and will match the Easter eggs in any basket! This Easter recipe is really easy to make from scratch and so delicious.
The flavors are amazing, and it looks great when served. This cheesecake is so pretty, and it tastes amazing! I suggest all of you bookmark this one. The flavors of the cheesecake and the M&Ms are just perfect together! This one is sure to become a family favorite!
Why You’ll Love This M&M Cheesecake
- This M&M No-Bake Cheesecake will impress your loved one with a delectable treat! The ingredients are straightforward and easy to obtain. Most of these recipes call for simple ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
- This straightforward recipe yields a soft and fluffy cheesecake that melts in your mouth.
- The ideal homemade gift for any loved one. This cheesecake, with its creamy filling and soft, buttery crust, is sure to be a ‘heartfelt' gift!
Brighten up your Easter dessert with this M&M Cheesecake. It's so colorful, and the cookie crust just brings the flavors to a whole new level.
It's easy to make and everyone will love it! Easter M&M cheesecake. What a very creative dessert for Easter, it'll surely take the place of a basket full of chocolate eggs, and it's just as colorful too!
We LOVE Instagram! If you want to see what yummy recipes we share, then you should follow along! We hope to see you over there.
The full ingredient list and directions are in the printable recipe card below.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products we believe you’ll love. So if you purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. And remember, we only recommend items that we use and love.
Equipment Needed to Make M&M Cheesecake
Ingredients For Your M&M Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- Sugar Cookie mix
For the Cheesecake:
- Cream Cheese
- White Chocolate Syrup
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Unflavored Gelatin
- Food Coloring Gel (Aqua, Lime Green)
- Easter M&M's
For the Frosting:
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring Gel (Hot Pink, Purple, Yellow)
How To Make A Fluffy and Creamy Easter M&M Cheesecake
Step 1: Cookie Dough Crust Prep
In a medium-sized bowl, mix half of a sugar cookie mix, following the package directions.
Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan with parchment paper, and press the sugar cookie mix into the bottom of the pan, evenly, smoothing the dough with a spoon.
Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until cookie dough is completely done, and browned on the top and edges.
Remove from the oven, and gently press the dough down evenly on top with the bottom of smooth glass.
Set the pan in the freezer to cool quickly.
Step 2: Cheesecake Prep
In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the heavy cream, 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar, and whip with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form and the cream is whipped.
Add the vanilla and the cream cheese, and blend until smooth and fluffy.
Add the sugar, and Torani white chocolate syrup, and mix until smooth.
In a small dish, add 1/3 cup of water, sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the water, and let the gelatin ‘bloom' for about 3 minutes, or until the gelatin has absorbed the water.
Stir the gelatin to mix, and add the gelatin to the mixer.
Blend well to make sure gelatin is blended into the cheesecake batter.
Divide the cheesecake batter in half, place several drops of aqua food coloring gel in one half of the batter, and stir well to mix.
Remove the spring-form pan from the freezer, and pour the aqua cheesecake batter into the pan on top of the sugar cookie crust.
Place the pan back in the freezer until firm, about 3 hours.
In the remaining half of the cheesecake batter, add the lime green food coloring gel several drops at a time until you get the desired color.
Place the lime green cheesecake batter in the refrigerator until it's time to pour into the pan.
When the aqua cheesecake is set, or firm to the touch, remove the pan, pour the lime green cheesecake batter into the pan, on top of the aqua layer, and place the pan back in the freezer, overnight.
Step 3: Frosting Preparation
In the mixing bowl, add the Softened Butter, and Softened Cream Cheese, and mix with the whisk attachment until creamy and fluffy.
Add the Vanilla and Heavy Cream, and mix.
Add the Powdered Sugar, one cup at a time, blending at low speed, and scraping the bowl down as needed, until all powdered sugar is added, and the frosting is completely mixed and smooth.
Divide the Frosting into three equal bowls, and in one bowl, add several drops of the Hot Pink Food Coloring Gel, until you get a bright pink color.
Repeat with the Purple and Yellow Food Coloring Gel in the remaining two bowls.
Step 4: Frosting Preparation
Using plastic wrap (glad wrap) tear off a piece about 10 inches wide, and place the frosting length-wise, side by side, in the middle of the plastic wrap.
It will look like long ribbons of frosting.
Then, roll the plastic wrap around the frosting, making sure to keep it long, or length-wise like a long ribbon.
Snip the end off of the plastic wrap, on one end only, and twist the other end closed.
Place the plastic wrap in a pastry bag with the large star tip.
Pipe the frosting onto the edges of the cheesecake, using a swirling motion, leaving big dollops on the cheesecake, and bring it up to a point.
Place the Easter/Pastel M&M's generously in the middle of the cheesecake, and on to each dollop of frosting on top of the cheesecake.
Place the cheesecake back in the freezer until time to serve.
When ready to serve, remove the spring-form from the pan, and slice the cheesecake into 2-inch pieces. Serve, and enjoy!
This makes 10 to 12 servings.
Note: make sure that you leave the butter and cream cheese called for in this recipe, out on the counter until it is soft. The frosting will not mix correctly if the butter and cream cheese are cold, both need to be soft, and at room temperature.
What to Pair with Your M&M Cheesecake
Select your entrée with the same care. A meal heavy on cream and butter will not leave your guests in the mood for cheesecake.
Consider white fish, chicken breast, or grilled meats instead of salmon or pulled pork, and relatively plain herbed rice and vegetables instead of rich casseroles or scalloped potatoes.
When your meal will end with a cheesecake, try to avoid using similarly rich ingredients in your appetizers.
If you're entertaining, skip the heavy or cheesy canapes in favor of lighter options like marinated vegetables.
Salads should be light, crisp, and green, with simple vinaigrettes rather than rich ranch or blue cheese dressings.
If you want to start the night with a soup, go for something light and brothy rather than creamy or heavy.
A slice of rich, decadent cheesecake goes perfectly with a cup of strong coffee or tea, creating the ideal moment of self-indulgence.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
This creamy cheesecake will surely be great any day. Try adding some fresh strawberry slices on top for more extra added flair.
You can also try these toppings:
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Shavings
- Chocolate or Caramel Drizzles
- Fresh or Dried Fruits
- Shredded Coconut
- Crushed Toffee Bars
- Mini Marshmallows
How To Store Fluffy and Creamy Easter M&M Cheesecake
Best Way To Store M&M Cheesecake Leftover
Refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours and up to 2 days, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It is best to wait 12 hours for the best results.
The longer the cheesecake is refrigerated, the better it will set up.
Head on over to Facebook, where we share not only our delicious recipes but other recipes we think you might enjoy! Make sure to follow us.
How Long Will M&M Cheesecake Last In the Fridge?
When well covered, this cheesecake will keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days. While you could continue to eat it after that, it will only be at its peak for that amount of time.
Can I Freeze M&M Cheesecake
Cheesecake keeps well in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.
M&M Cheesecake FAQs
Can I make the cheesecake in advance?
Yes. Best of all, cheesecakes may be created ahead of time, leaving you with one less thing to worry about on the day of your party.
Cheesecakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days if covered. Bake cheesecake weeks ahead of time and freeze it for even more ease.
Can I store a warm cheesecake in the refrigerator?
No, Warm cheesecake should not be refrigerated immediately.
As the inside temperature of the refrigerator rises, placing the hot cheesecake in the fridge will be more harmful to the refrigerator than to the cake.
It's best to let the cheesecake cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
Is a watery cheesecake filling, okay?
No. One common issue with cheesecakes is that the cream cheese used adds too much moisture to the cake, causing it to become runny.
If you don't add anything to help offset the cream cheese's water content, the cake's texture will most likely be off.
Can cheesecake quickly chill?
Yes. Use a small fan to blow horizontally over the cheesecake in the refrigerator (covered of course).
As a result, the cool air will draw the heat away from the cheesecake. It should reduce the cooling time by 30-40%, or about 4 hours on a 12-hour chill time.
Is it safe to put a cheesecake in the freezer to set?
No. It may be tempting to remove your cheesecake from the oven and immediately place it in the freezer to save a few steps. It will not, however, set, and the consistency will be off.
Allow your cheesecake to cool at room temperature after baking. Then put it in the fridge until it's set.
Get your free Grilling Time & Temperature Chart Printable when you subscribe to my email list! I’m so excited to share this printable with you! It will help make grilling a breeze. You’ll never have to wonder what temperature to cook your food at again. Plus, you’ll get great emails packed with recipes, tips, free printables, and more!
Other Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love
This M&M Cheesecake will brighten up your Easter dessert. It's very vibrant, and the cookie crust elevates the flavors to new heights.
It's simple to prepare and everyone will enjoy it! M&M cheesecake for Easter. What a unique Easter dish; it'll definitely replace a basket full of chocolate eggs, and it's just as colorful.
You can try these fun and fascinating recipes in addition to Fluffy and Creamy Easter M&M Cheesecake:
So what are you waiting for? Get started on this delicious Easter M&M cheesecake recipe! It will be sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
Talk about a great dessert for Easter, this is it! It's so colorful and will match the Easter Eggs in any basket.
The flavors are so good, and the Cookie Crust just makes this so delicious.
It's really easy to prepare and is sure to make a stunning presentation when served.
Everyone is going to love this one, so make sure to keep it in your favorites!
Don’t forget to share a picture of your creation on our Facebook page or tag us in it on Instagram so that we can admire your handiwork. Happy baking!
Easter M&M Cheesecake Recipe
Easter M&M Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1/2 of a Sugar Cookie mix – I used Betty Crocker
- Follow package directions
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 5 Packages of Cream Cheese – 8 ounces – softened
- 1/4 cup of Torani White Chocolate Syrup
- 3 cups of Heavy Cream – Whipped
- 3 heaping Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 2 envelopes of Unflavored Gelatin – bloomed in water – see instructions
- Aqua – Lime Green – Food Coloring Gel
- Easter M&M's – See Link
- 4 ounces of Cream Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon of Heavy Cream
- 3 to 4 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Hot Pink – Purple – Yellow – Food Coloring Gel
- In a medium sized bowl, mix half of a Sugar Cookie Mix, following the package directions.
- Line the Bottom of a 9 inch Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and press the Sugar Cookie Mix into the bottom of the pan, evenly, smoothing the dough with a spoon.
- Place the pan in the Oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until cookie dough is completely done, and browned on the top and edges.
- Remove from oven, and gently press the dough down evenly on top with the bottom of a smooth glass (see photo).
- Set pan in the Freezer to cool quickly.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Heavy Cream, 3 Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar, and whip with the Whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, and the Cream is whipped.
- Add the Vanilla and the Cream Cheese, and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the Sugar, and Torani White Chocolate Syrup, and mix until smooth.
- In a small dish, add 1/3 cup of water, and sprinkle the Unflavored Gelatin over the water, and let the Gelatin ‘bloom' for about 3 minutes, or until the gelatin has absorbed the water.
- Stir the Gelatin to mix, and add the Gelatin to the mixer.
- Blend well to make sure Gelatin is blended into the Cheesecake batter.
- Divide the Cheesecake batter in half, and place several drops of Aqua Food Coloring Gel in one half of the batter, and stir well to mix.
- Remove the spring-form pan from the Freezer, and pour the Aqua Cheesecake Batter into the pan on top of the Sugar Cookie Crust.
- Place the pan back in the Freezer until firm, about 3 hours. In the remaining half of the Cheesecake Batter, add the Lime Green Food Coloring Gel several drops at a time until you get the desired color.
- Place the Lime Green Cheesecake Batter in the refrigerator until it's time to pour into the pan.
- When the Aqua Cheesecake is set, or firm to the touch, remove the pan, and pour the Lime Green Cheesecake Batter into the pan, on top of the Aqua layer, and place the pan back in the Freezer, over night.
- In the mixing bowl, add the Softened Butter, and Softened Cream Cheese, and mix with the whisk attachment until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the Vanilla and Heavy Cream, and mix.
- Add the Powdered Sugar, one cup at a time, blending on low speed, and scraping the bowl down as needed, until all powdered sugar is added, and the frosting is completely mixed and smooth. Divide the Frosting into three equal bowls, and in one bowl, add several drops of the Hot Pink Food Coloring Gel, until you get a bright pink color.
- Repeat with the Purple, and Yellow Food Coloring Gel in the remaining two bowls.
- Using Plastic wrap (Glad Wrap) tear off a piece about 10 inches wide, and place the Frosting length-wise, side by side, in the middle of the plastic wrap. It will look like long ribbons of Frosting.
- Then, roll the plastic wrap around the Frosting, making sure to keep it long, or length-wise like a long ribbon.
- Snip the end off of the Plastic wrap, on one end only, and twist the other end closed.
- Place the plastic wrap in a pastry bag with the Large Star Tip.
- Pipe the Frosting onto the edges of the Cheesecake, using a swirling, motion, leaving big dollops on the cheesecake, and bring it up to a point.
- Place the Easter/Pastel M&M's generously in the middle of the Cheesecake, and on to each dollop of Frosting on top of the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake back in the Freezer until time to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove the Spring-form from the pan, and slice the Cheesecake into 2 inch pieces. Serve, and Enjoy!
Please return and share your thoughts and experiences with me on how your Fluffy and Creamy Easter M&M Cheesecake turned out and let me know how you enjoyed it!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!