Crock Pot Taco Queso
Looking for a delicious and easy appetizer or snack idea? Look no further than this tasty Taco Queso recipe!
It's perfect for game day, parties, or a casual weekend get-together with friends. Best of all, it's incredibly easy to make – the hardest part is waiting for it to cook!
So gather up your ingredients and give this tasty queso recipe a try today. You won't be disappointed!
Have you ever tried making queso? It's so easy and addicting!
This recipe is for a taco-style queso that is perfect for game day or a party. So go ahead and give it a try – I promise you won't be disappointed!
In about an hour and a half, you’ll have cheesy queso that tastes like you’re dipping into a delicious beef taco, ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE TACO QUESO
Beef is sauteed until golden, then simmered in taco seasoning, and added to queso until bubbly, then served with beans and shredded cheese for a delicious snack the whole family will enjoy! Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
The full ingredient list and directions are in the printable recipe card below.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products we believe you’ll love. So if you purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. And remember, we only recommend items that we use and love.
Kitchen TOOLS YOU MAY NEED For Crock Pot Taco Queso
We only recommend items we use and love.
- Measuring Spoons – I LOVE my set of these!
- Slow Cooker or Crock Pot
- Large Heavy Bottom Skillet
TACO QUESO INGREDIENTS
This yummy easy crockpot queso dip recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious snack your family will love.
All you need is the following:
- some ground sirloin
- Sweet Onion
- Late July, organic mild salsa
- some seasoning like garlic powder, garlic salt, chili powder, cumin
- seasoned salt
- brown sugar
- Velveeta Queso Blanco
- tortilla chips
- Dr. Pepper Sweet and Sassy Baked Beans
- shredded Colby Jack Cheese
TACO QUESO RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Begin by turning a slow cooker or Crock Pot to the high setting and placing the queso Blanco inside the Crock Pot to melt.
In a large, heavy bottom skillet, place the ground sirloin, and cook until the meat is no longer pink and the sirloin is golden brown.
Drain any excess fat from the skillet, add the chopped onion, and sauté until the onion is browned.
Add the salsa, garlic powder, garlic salt, seasoned salt, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, and ketchup.
Cook on medium-high until the taco meat is bubbly, then turn to low heat, and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
When the meat is simmering, add the taco meat to the Crock Pot, and stir well to blend with the queso (cheese).
Leave in the Crock Pot until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture is hot and bubbly.
Turn heat to low, and stir well.
If the queso seems too thick, add a little water to thin, and stir well.
To serve, top with Dr. Pepper Beans, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips on the side.
In about an hour and a half, you’ll have mouthwatering taco-flavored queso that’s sure to become a new favorite!
Crock Pot Taco Queso TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made taco-flavored queso, don’t worry!
Below are some common questions and helpful tips.
Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have.
If not, feel free to ask in the comments, and I’ll answer the best I can.
beef queso dip crock pot FAQ
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE TACO QUESO?
This Crock Pot Taco Queso recipe takes approximately 93 minutes. TOTAL.
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- Close to 20 minutes to brown the beef
- Around 45 minutes to simmer the taco meat
- 20 minutes to finish melting the queso cheese with the taco meat
- 3 minutes to add some beans and shredded cheese
HOW DO I STORE TACO QUESO?
You can store Taco Queso in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months.
Simply reheat in the microwave for a few seconds to warm.
CAN I USE ANY BRAND OF SALSA TO MAKE TACO QUESO?
Yes, you can use any brand of salsa to make this Taco Queso.
I prefer using the ‘Late July' brand of Organic Salsa because it has a very good flavor, and the ingredients are well-sourced.
If you prefer to use another brand of salsa, that will work as well.
Get your free Grilling Time & Temperature Chart Printable when you subscribe to my email list! I’m so excited to share this printable with you! It will help make grilling a breeze. You’ll never have to wonder what temperature to cook your food at again. Plus, you’ll get great emails packed with recipes, tips, free printables, and more!
CAN I MAKE Crock Pot Taco Queso AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can easily make Taco Queso the day before serving.
Simply reheat in the microwave or a saucepan until warm and serve immediately.
You’ll have warm, gooey Taco Queso ready for the family.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH TACO QUESO?
Taco Queso goes well with a wide variety of snacks.
These recipes would be great to serve together at a party.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Mini Mexican Pizzas
- Ranch Dip
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Totino’s Pizza Bites
- Pepperoni Pizza Wontons
HOW CAN I MAKE TACO QUESO SPICIER?
You can easily make Taco Queso spicier.
To add more heat, you can always add a little more chili powder.
You can also switch the type of salsa to a spicier salsa.
How Do You Keep Queso From Burning In a Crock Pot?
Cooking low and slow makes the crockpot the perfect tool for this delicious homemade queso recipe.
To keep the cheese dip nice and warm for the next hour or so, just set the crockpot to warm, so the cheese doesn't get burned at the bottom.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS TACO QUESO RECIPE?
This tasty Taco Queso recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding some jalapeno peppers (either freshly sliced or canned) to the dip for an added kick. YUM!
Crock Pot Taco Queso RECIPE
- 1 1/2 pounds of Ground Sirloin
- 1 Large Sweet Onion – chopped
- 1 large jar of ‘Late July' Brand – Organic Salsa – Mild – 15 – 16 ounces
- 3/4 cup of Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- Velveeta Queso Blanco – 32 ounce package
- 4 Packages of Tortilla Chips
- 1 can of Dr. Pepper Sweet and Sassy Baked Beans – 16 ounce can – to top
- 1 package of Shredded Colby Jack Cheese – to top
- Turn a Slow Cooker or Crock Pot to the High setting, and place the Queso Blanco in the Crock Pot to melt.
- In a large heavy bottom Skillet, place the ground Sirloin, and cook until no pink is visible, and Sirloin is golden brown. Drain any excess fat from the skillet, and add the chopped Onion, and Saute until Onion is browned.
- Add the Salsa, Garlic Powder, Garlic Salt, Seasoned Salt, Chili Powder, Cumin, Brown Sugar, and Ketchup.
- Cook on Medium High until the Taco Meat is bubbly, then turn to low heat, and simmer for 30 – 45 minutes.
- When the meat is done simmering, add the Taco Meat to the Crock Pot, and stir well to blend with the Queso – Cheese.
- Leave in the Crock Pot until Cheese is completely melted, and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Turn heat to low, and stir well. If the Queso seems too thick, add a little water to thin, and stir well.
- To serve, top with Dr. Pepper Beans, and Shredded Cheese, and Tortilla Chips on the side.
- Makes approximately 16 to 20 – 1/2 cup servings
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!