This crowd-pleasing Slow Cooker Sausage Cheese Dip recipe combines just the right amount of cheese, salsa, and pork sausage for a deliciously good dip.
Whether you’re hosting a game day party, a gathering with friends, or are just looking for a delicious and easy dip recipe, this Slow Cooker Sausage Cheese Dip is sure to become a hit!
My spin on this classic dip adds a chunky salsa that pairs perfectly with the star of the recipe: sausage.
How to Make Slow Cooker Sausage Cheese Dip
Making this crockpot Sausage Cheese Dip is as easy as one, two, three! All you have to do is a bit of prep work, then let your slow cooker do the rest. Find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
Ingredients to Make Cheesy Sausage Dip
This quick and easy dip recipe uses just three ingredients to create a delicious dip everyone will love. All you need is:
- Velveeta cheese
Sausage and Cheese Dip Recipe Instructions
To get started, crumble the sausage into a pan and then brown it. Drain off the grease, then toss it in the crockpot along with the cheese and salsa. Stir it together, then let your slow cooker do the rest. In one to two hours, it’ll be ready to enjoy!
Sausage and Cheese Dip Recipe Variations
Something else that I really like about this recipe is that it is quite versatile! Here are some variations you can make:
- If your guests like it hot, fire up their taste buds by using a hot salsa and Velveeta Jalapeno.
- When browning the sausage, add in some diced bell peppers and onions.
- Try using Picante instead of salsa.
- Use beef instead of sausage.
- Swap out white cheese for yellow.
- Serve with thin wheat snack crackers instead of tortilla chips.
The options are practically limitless!
How Spicy is this Sausage and Cheese Dip?
One of the most common questions I get about this dip recipe is how spicy is it?! The answer is it depends on the type of cheese, sausage, and salsa you use. If you use mild salsa, regular Velveeta cheese, and plain sausage, it won’t be spicy at all. However, if you use jalapeno Velveeta, hot salsa, and spicy sausage, it’ll be pretty darn spicy!
However you make it, I can pretty much guarantee you’ll have people coming back for more!
How to Store Sausage and Cheese Dip
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the dip in the microwave before serving.
Sausage Cheese Dip Printable Recipe
Slow Cooker Sausage Cheese Dip
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese cut into cubes
- 24 ounce Salsa
- 16 ounces Sausage
- Cut the Velveeta cheese into cubes and place them in the crockpot.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until the meat is completely browned. Drain.
- Place the browned sausage in the crockpot with the cheese.
- Add in the salsa.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until cheese is fully melted.
- Stir, then serve with tortilla chips & enjoy
I hope you enjoy this cheesy dip recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, we’d love to know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook making sure to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and using the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels. We can’t wait to see what amazing meals you are cooking up!