Chiefs Jellos shots are the UItimate Game Day Cocktail! Whether you’re hosting a game day tailgate party or gathering with friends for a watch party, these Chiefs-inspired jello shots are sure to score big.
Packed with the vibrant red and yellow colors of the Kansas City Chiefs, these game day cocktails blend the fun of jello shots with the excitement of football.
They're not only a blast to make but also a fantastic way to show your team spirit. So, get ready to mix, cheer, and enjoy – these Chiefs jello shots are about to elevate your game day to a whole new level of delicious Game Day fun!
Elevate Game Day with Chiefs Jello Shots
Dive into the spirit of football season with our vibrant Chiefs Themed Cocktails, the perfect addition to any game day gathering. These jello shots, inspired by the iconic red and yellow of the Kansas City Chiefs, are more than just a drink – they're a celebration of team spirit and camaraderie.
Ideal for tailgate parties or cozy home gatherings, they're not only visually striking but also incredibly easy to make. Imagine the excitement as your guests cheer on their favorite team, with a Chiefs jello shot in hand, adding an extra layer of fun to your sports-themed festivities.
So, let's get the party started and bring the stadium vibes right into your home with these delightful sports-themed cocktails!
Ingredients you'll need for Chiefs Jello Shots
Ready to tackle your game day with a burst of Chiefs pride? Huddle up with these ingredients and get set to create the ultimate sports-themed cocktail, our Chiefs Jello Shots!
These little cups of joy, rocking the vibrant red and yellow, are not just tasty, but they're a cheer in every bite. Now, let's get the game plan rolling to bring these spirited Chiefs Jello Shots to life!
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 Box Strawberry Jello (3 ounces)
- 1 Box Lemon Jello (3 ounces)
- 2 ½ Cups Boiling Water, divided
- 1 ½ Cups Vodka, divided
- 1 Tub Cool Whip (8 ounces)
You can also choose to make these nonalcoholic, just use water instead of vodka!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the strawberry jello and 1 ¼ cups boiling water.
Stir until the jello has dissolved.
Step 2: Add ¾ cup vodka to the bowl and give a slight stir.
Step 3: Fill each shot glass up about halfway. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until fully set.
Step 4: Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the yellow jello.
Step 5: Check to make sure your yellow jello isn’t too warm. If it is, wait a few minutes until it cools a bit. If not, you’ll melt the red jello layer and make the colors run together.
Step 6: Fill the shots the rest of the way with the lemon jello, leaving just a tiny bit of head room at the top of the shot for easier handling.
Step 7: Place in the fridge and chill for another 2 hours or until fully set.
Step 8: Dollop each shot with a bit of cool whip and sprinkle with the red and yellow sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Do not garnish the shots until you’re ready to serve them. If you would like to make these shots ahead of time, place in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days, ungarnished. Do not store for more than 2-3 hours after the garnishes have been added. Do not freeze.
- To make the kid-friendly version without alcohol, simply swap the alcohol out for cold water.
- I use a frosting bag and Ateco #824 frosting tip to make a swirl on top of each shot. It’s quicker and prettier. Win/win, am I right? If you don’t want to mess with that, simply use a ready whip can and spray some on each shot. This works as well.
- It’s vitally important that you do not add the lemon jello on top of the red jello while it's still hot. Usually, the addition of cold vodka will cool the mixture enough, but sometimes, it doesn’t, so be sure to check that jello to see how hot it is before pouring over the red jello.
- You can use another red jello flavor, if you don’t prefer strawberry.
- It’s important you do not put the red jello as the top layer or it will overpower the yellow. The best way for the yellow to still show up well is by making it the second color.
- If you like the little footballs and want to use them for your own serving table, here’s the link!
FAQs about Shots
As the final whistle blows on game day, we hope these Chiefs Jello Shots have added an extra touch of joy and team spirit to your gathering.
These sports-themed cocktails are more than just a drink; they're a celebration of your favorite team, shared moments, and the love of the game.
So, whether you're toasting a victory or just enjoying the company of fellow fans, remember that every sip is a cheer for those unforgettable game day experiences.
Keep the spirit alive and don’t forget to share these recipes with your fellow Chiefs fans. Until the next game, keep those team colors flying high and your spirits even higher!
CHIEFS JELLO SHOTS: THE ULTIMATE GAME DAY COCKTAIL
- 16 2 Ounce Shot Glasses
- Frosting Bag optional for garnish
- Ateco #824 Frosting Tip optional for garnish
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- 1 Box Strawberry Jello 3 ounces
- 1 Box Lemon Jello 3 ounces
- 2 ½ Cups Boiling Water divided
- 1 ½ Cups Vodka divided
- 1 Tub Cool Whip 8 ounces
- Yellow Jimmy Sprinkles
- Red Jimmy Sprinkles
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the strawberry jello and 1 ¼ cups boiling water.
- Stir until the jello has dissolved.
- Add ¾ cup vodka to the bowl and give a slight stir.
- Fill each shot glass up about halfway.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until fully set.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the yellow jello.
- Check to make sure your yellow jello isn’t too warm.
- If it is, wait a few minutes until it cools a bit.
- If not, you’ll melt the red jello layer and make the colors run together.
- Fill the shots the rest of the way with the lemon jello, leaving just a tiny bit of head room at the top of the shot for easier handling.
- Place in the fridge and chill for another 2 hours or until fully set.
- Dollop each shot with a bit of cool whip and sprinkle with the red and yellow sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Mention us @sweetandsavorymorsels or tag us using #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see your creations! You can also leave a comment below!