Iron Skillet Caramel Apple Pull Apart Bread is extremely easy to make and comes together in just over half an hour.
Apples are sautéed in butter in an iron skillet until softened, then balls of crescent dough are placed over top and baked until golden brown, then finished with caramel sauce and icing.
This dessert is a must-make if you enjoy baking easy desserts.
You can even save time by using pre-made caramel sauce.
The whole family will be begging to have this for dessert every night.
In a little over half an hour, you’ll have soft, tender apples topped with dough that’s been baked until golden brown and then drizzled with yummy caramel and icing ready to enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE IRON SKILLET CARAMEL APPLE PULL APART BREAD
Apples are sautéed until softened, then topped with dough, baked until golden brown, then drizzled with caramel sauce, and icing for a delicious dessert the whole family will enjoy! Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
CARAMEL APPLE PULL APART BREAD INGREDIENTS
This quick and easy Caramel Apple Pull Apart Bread recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious dessert your family will love.
All you need is:
- tube of crescent rolls
- a few apples
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- heavy whipping cream
IRON SKILLET CARAMEL APPLE PULL APART BREAD RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Over medium heat, place butter in an iron skillet and melt.
Peel and dice apples and place them in the iron skillet.
Add cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar.
Stir together and let cook until the apples are slightly softened.
Take crescent rolls, cut into pieces, and then roll each piece into a ball.
Place all dough balls into the skillet and gently mix. Place the iron skillet into the oven and bake until the dough is golden brown.
While that is baking, in a medium-size saucepan add brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, and vanilla.
Bring to a boil and stir constantly.
Take caramel sauce off the heat and let it sit while making the glaze.
For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla, heaving cream.
Add more or less cream if you’d like it thicker or thinner.
Once the apples and dough are done baking, take them out of the oven and drizzle the caramel sauce and glaze over the top.
Serve with ice cream. In a little over half an hour, you’ll have a dessert that’s sure to become a new favorite!
IRON SKILLET CARAMEL APPLE PULL APART BREAD TIPS AND QUESTIONS
If you’ve never made Caramel Apple Pull Apart Bread, don’t worry! Below are some common questions and helpful tips. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
HOW LONG DOES IT REALLY TAKE TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE PULL APART BREAD?
This recipe saves a ton of time by using premade crescent rolls. This Caramel Apple Pull Apart recipe takes approximately 38 minutes. TOTAL. This includes:
- About 5 minutes of prep time
- Close to 10 minutes to saute the apples until softened
- Around 5 minutes to cut and roll the dough into balls
- 15 minutes to bake and make the caramel
- 3 minutes to make the glaze
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CARAMEL APPLE PULL APART BREAD?
Caramel Apple Pull Apart Bread goes well with a wide variety of desserts.
Some of my personal favorites include:
- Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes
- Patriotic Unicorn Sprinkle Cupcake
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Curry
- Apple Pie
- Pecan Pie
CAN I USE A BAKING PAN INSTEAD OF AN IRON SKILLET?
Yes, you can use any kind of baking pan or pie plate in this recipe instead of an iron skillet.
The only difference is you will still need to sauté the apples and then pour them into your chosen baking dish.
The rest of the steps will be pretty much the same.
CAN I USE PREMADE CARAMEL SAUCE INSTEAD OF THE HOMEMADE CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE?
Yes, you can use store-bought caramel sauce instead of the homemade caramel sauce recipe included. It’s a great way to save time.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS CARAMEL APPLE PULL-APART BREAD RECIPE?
This mouth-watering Apple Pull Apart Bread recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile.
Try adding chopped pecan nuts to the sautéed apples. YUM!
IRON SKILLET CARAMEL APPLE PULL APART BREAD RECIPE
Iron Skillet Caramel Apple Pull Apart Bread
- 2- 8 count tube of crescent rolls
- 2 medium size apples any kind will work
- 1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar divided
- 10 Tbsp Butter divided
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla divided
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Over medium heat, place 6 tablespoons of butter in iron skillet and melt.
- Peel and dice apples and place in the iron skillet. Add cinnamon, ½ teaspoon vanilla, and ½ cup of brown sugar. Stir together and let cook for about 10 minutes or until apples are slightly softened.
- Take crescent rolls and cut each roll in about 12 pieces. No need to unroll them, just cut 12 slices, then roll each piece into a ball. Place all 24 dough balls into the skillet and gently mix.
- Place iron skillet into a 400-degree oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- While that is baking, in a medium size sauce pan add 1 cup brown sugar, 4 tablespoons of butter, ½ cup of heavy cream and 1 tsp vanilla. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for about 8-10 minutes. Take caramel sauce off heat and let it sit while making the glaze.
- For the glaze, whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar, ½ tsp vanilla, ¼ cup heaving cream. Add more or less cream if you’d like it thicker or thinner.
- Once the apples and dough are done baking, take out of oven and drizzle the caramel sauce and glaze over the top.
- Serve with ice cream for a delicious fall dessert!
This Iron Skillet Caramel Apple Pull-Apart Bread is the perfect dessert to serve at your next dinner party or gathering.
It's easy, impressive-looking, and delicious! Try it out today and let us know what you think.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!