Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pockets are stuffed full of fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and melted cheese wrapped up and baked in light and flaky canned crescent roll dough. An easy and filling breakfast that you can take on-the-go!
There’s not much food that says ‘breakfast‘ quite like eggs, bacon, and cheese. In fact, as far as I’m concerned, it’s hard to find a better tasting breakfast combination! And while there may be one that exists, you’d have a hard time convincing me of it.
These insanely delicious Breakfast Pockets are stuffed with bacon, gooey melted Cheddar Jack cheese, and perfectly scrambled and seasoned egg. But the best part is, they make a filling breakfast that you can easily take on-the-go!
And speaking of on-the-go, breakfast may be the most important meal of the day. But when you’re running around trying to get the kids ready for school, and yourself ready for work, it’s hard to find the time to make a filling breakfast. Much less one where you can sit down and take your time eating it! Unless you want to get up before dawn, that is.
That’s where this Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pocket recipe comes in. This easy breakfast sandwich recipe uses nothing more exotic than a can of refrigerated crescent rolls, eggs, milk, bacon, and cheese. And while there is a bit of prep time involved, the way these breakfast pockets taste is totally worth it!
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pockets
These Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pockets are egg-tremely easy to make. They take about half an hour, but the majority of that time is the cooking time.
As I said, there is a small amount of prep work involved, but I’ve got some shortcuts to share that’ll make prepping these pockets pretty quick (you’ll find the specific ingredient amounts and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post). So let’s get started!
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
Breakfast Pockets Ingredients
This quick and easy breakfast pockets recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delicious breakfast sandwich your family will love. All you need is:
- crescent rolls
- shredded cheddar jack cheese
- salt and pepper
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pockets Instructions
First, bacon. If you dice the bacon before you cook it, not only is it perfectly sized, it also cooks much faster!
Next, eggs. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. The milk is what makes these eggs lighter, fluffier, and tastier.
Now scramble the eggs in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring and scraping the bottom as you go. Cook until you have perfectly fluffy and soft scrambled eggs.
Next, open the cans of crescent rolls and unroll the dough. Each can will have 4 rectangles with a perforation down the middle where you would usually pull them apart for a total of 8 triangles. But we don’t want to do that. We want to keep them as rectangles. So take your finger and pinch together the perforation in the center of each rectangle to seal it up.
Next, pile a generous amount of eggs, bacon, and cheese (yummy!) onto one half of each crescent roll rectangle.
Now fold the other half of the crescent roll over the top of the eggs, bacon, and cheese to form a square, and pinch the sides together to make a nice, secure seal.
Now toss those babies into the preheated oven, and let ’em cook for 20 to 25 minutes. About halfway through the cooking time, brush the tops with melted butter then let them finish cooking until they are golden brown in color.
Once finished, let the Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pockets rest for about five minutes before serving.
And that’s it! Now all that’s left to do is:
- grab a napkin and run out the door with your food (remember to cut the oven off 😉 OR
- sit down at the table and enjoy! 😉
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pockets Tips and Questions
Below are some common questions about breakfast pockets. Hopefully, this will answer any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask in the comments and I’ll answer the best I can.
Can I Make The Breakfast Pockets the Night Before?
Absolutely! Once completely cool, tightly wrap the pockets individually in plastic wrap and then place them in the freezer. To reheat, remove the pockets from the freezer and place them directly into either the microwave or the oven. Then:
- Microwave for 2- 3 minutes, turning halfway. You can also try cooking on defrost for a minute, then on regular heat for another minute or two. OR
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until completely cooked through and warmed.
How Long Will They Last in the Freezer?
These bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast pockets will last in the freezer for up to a month.
What Else Can I Add to This Breakfast Pocket Recipe?
This simple bacon, egg and cheese breakfast pocket recipe not only tastes great, but it’s also incredibly versatile! You can pretty much add whatever ingredients you’d like. Some of the different ways I’ve made them include:
- egg, ham, and cheese
- egg, sausage, and cheese
- egg and sausage only
- egg, ham, green pepper, and cheese
- egg, ham, onion, green pepper, and cheese
- add in a splash of hot sauce when stuffing the pockets before you bake them
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pockets Recipe Printable
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Pockets
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 12 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cups Cheddar Jack Cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scramble eggs over medium-low heat in a large skillet, stirring constantly. When eggs are cooked through, remove from heat and set aside.
- Separate the crescent rolls into eight rectangles, pinching together the perforated seam in the center of each rectangle to seal.
- Place eggs on one side of each rectangle.
- Top the eggs with cheese and bacon.
- Fold the other half of the crescent roll over the top of the eggs, bacon, and cheese. Pinch the sides together to seal.
- Place breakfast pockets on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Halfway through the baking time, remove breakfast pockets from oven and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Let breakfast pockets rest for five minutes before serving.
I really hope you enjoy this easy breakfast recipe as much as I enjoyed making it!
If you get a chance to try the recipe, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! be sure to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what delicious meals you’re making!