Brown rice seasoned with fresh lime juice, lime zest, garlic, and cilantro creates an outstandingly delicious side dish in this Cilantro Lime Rice recipe!
Rice is one of my favorite side dishes. There are so many different things you can make with it. Today’s recipe for Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice transforms boring, basic brown rice into an extraordinarily delicious side with the addition of just a few common fresh ingredients.
Be sure to check back in a few days for a delicious seafood recipe I’ll be sharing using this recipe – it’s simply too good to miss!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CILANTRO LIME RICE
In this recipe, lime and cilantro are paired to create a tasty flavor combination that the whole family will love! Are you ready to get started?
You’ll find the full ingredients and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
INSTANT POT CILANTRO LIME RICE INGREDIENTS
This quick and easy rice recipe uses everyday ingredients to create a delicious side dish that’s full of flavor. All you need is:
- long-grain brown rice – you could also use long-grain white rice or basmati rice
- chicken or vegetable broth
- fresh lime juice
- fresh lime zest
- cilantro leaves
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
CILANTRO LIME RICE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Using an Instant Pot or another pressure cooker makes preparing this delicious rice dish a breeze! You simply add the rice and broth to the Instant Pot, then let it do its thing. Once finished, you’ll then stir in the remaining ingredients and season it with salt and pepper.
In a little over 15 minutes – plus the time to allow the pressure to release – you’ll have deliciously tender rice that’s absolutely packed with flavor!
HOW TO CUT FRESH CILANTRO
I love to use fresh herbs in my recipes. Especially cilantro. I use it all the time in dishes like these Blackened Fish Tacos and this Sopa de Lima. It has such a distinct taste that adds depth to pretty much any recipe you use it in.
One question I often get when sharing recipes that use fresh cilantro is how to cut it. Here is how to cut fresh cilantro in four quick and easy steps:
- First, holding the root ends of the cilantro with your non-cutting hand, use a large chef’s knife to scrape off the leaves using a downward motion.
- Next, use your fingers to remove any large stems from the cilantro leaves. The smaller, tender stems are okay to use.
- Now holding the top of the blade with your non-cutting hand, rock the blade back and forth to chop the cilantro.
- Lastly, scrape the leaves back into a pile and go over them with the knife several times until you get the size that you need.
HOW MANY CUPS OF RICE WILL 1 CUP OF UNCOOKED RICE MAKE?
Wondering how many cups of cooked rice one cup of uncooked rice will make? Wonder no more!
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice will make 4 cups of cooked brown rice.
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice will make 3 cups of cooked white rice.
WHAT GOES WITH CILANTRO LIME RICE?
This scrumptious side dish can be paired with all kinds of proteins and vegetables. Some of my favorite things to make include veggie bowls, fajitas, and even burritos.
You could also try it with some shrimp, or toss it together with sliced chicken for a knockoff of Chipolte’s famous Chicken Burrito Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice!
It also goes very well with grilled foods! Try it with some grilled veggie kabobs or some chicken and veggie kabobs. Or serve it alongside some grilled avocados. You get the idea!
And remember, check back soon for one of my favorite seafood recipes using this Cilantro Lime rice recipe!
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup long-grain brown or white rice rinsed well until water runs clear
- 1¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Add rice and broth to Instant Pot® or other pressure cooker container and stir to combine. Cover and lock the lid into place. Set the valve to “Sealing” and then select the “Manual” and “High Pressure” settings. Adjust the cook time to 15 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lime juice, lime zest, garlic powder, and cilantro.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Allow the flavors to combine for several minutes before serving.