Copy Cat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Mini’s
This is a wonderful recipe for Chick-fil-a's Chicken Minis. It's easy to make, and the flavors are so good you could eat them all! This is sure to please even the pickiest of Eaters.
If you have a little one who only wants Chicken Nuggets, they will love this.
You can make this for lunch or Dinner, and everyone will be pleased you did.
Serve these with your favorite sides and dipping sauces, and you're ready. Make sure to keep this one in your favorites!
Why You’ll Love Chick-Fil-A Chicken Mini's
Chick-fil-A Mini's is a way for kids to enjoy the delicious taste of Chick-fil-A but in a smaller size. They are perfect for when you're on the go and want something easy to eat.
We've put together some of our favorite reasons why you'll love them:
It doesn't get much better than Chick-fil-A sandwiches and waffle fries.
They're Perfect for Breakfast!
If you're looking for a quick breakfast or snack idea, these little sandwiches are an excellent choice.
Add a healthy side, like fresh fruit or yogurt, to round out your meal.
Chick-Fil-A's Chicken Mini's are a beloved breakfast item that has won the hearts of many fast-food fans.
These bite-sized, fluffy biscuits filled with crispy chicken nuggets and drizzled with honey butter sauce are the perfect breakfast or snack to start your day.
While Chick-Fil-A keeps the exact recipe of their famous Chicken Mini's a closely guarded secret, here's a recipe you can try at home to recreate these delicious treats.
The full ingredient list and directions are found below in the printable recipe card.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products we believe you’ll love. So if you purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. And remember, we only recommend items that we use and love.
Equipment Needed To Make Chick-Fil-A Chicken Mini's
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or spoon to mix ingredients.
- Small bowl for measuring dry ingredients
- Baking Sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Spatula (for spreading batter)
Ingredients For Chick-Fil-A Mini's
- Chicken Breasts
- Powdered Sugar
- Pickle Juice
- Sister Schubert's Dinner Yeast Rolls
How To Make A Chick-Fil-A Mini
In a large bowl, combine the Flour and Powdered Sugar, and stir until well blended. Set aside.
Place the Milk and Pickle Juice in a bowl, stir, and set aside with the Flour mixture.
On a cutting Mat, place the Chicken Breasts, and sprinkle them with Salt and Pepper.
Cut into Nugget sized pieces.
Place the Oil in your Deep Fryer or a deep heavy bottomed Skillet, and heat on Medium High until hot.
Place the Chicken on the Mat, the bowl of the Milk mixture, and the Flour mixture close to the Deep Fryer or Skillet.
Dip the Chicken Nuggets in the Milk Mixture and then in the Flour.
Place a few Dipped pieces on a large slotted Spoon or Fryer spatula, and lower them into the hot Oil.
Fry for about 8 – 10 minutes or until the pieces are golden brown.
Drain on paper towels. Continue until all the Chicken Nuggets have been cooked.
While you're frying the Chicken Nuggets, heat the Dinner Rolls.
Follow package directions. When Rolls are heated, remove them from the oven, and place them on a heat-proof surface.
Place the Butter and Honey in a small dish and heat in the microwave until the Butter is melted. (About 30 seconds)
Stir to combine, and brush the Honey-butter on the tops of the Rolls.
When all the Nuggets are cooked, cut the Rolls in half, and place a Nugget on each half of the Rolls. Serve with BBQ Sauce, Honey, or other favorite Dipping Sauces, and your favorite sides.
What to Serve with Your Chick-Fil-A Mini
- Soup and Salad Combo
- Sandwich and Fries
- Chicken Nuggets and Fries
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Sriracha Sauce
How To Reheat & Store
Best Way To Store
Use A Large Container Or Baggie
If you don't have an ice tray or don't want to use one because it takes up too much room in your freezer, use a large container or baggie instead.
This is a great way to store things like your sandwich, chips, and drink because it keeps them separate from each other, so they don't get mixed up while you eat them later on.
How Long Will Chick-Fil-A Mini's Last In the Fridge?
Chick-fil-A Mini's will last in the refrigerator for up to four days after they are opened.
However, if they have been left out at room temperature too long, they may not be as good after this period because they contain mayonnaise and other ingredients that can spoil easily if left out for too long.
If you find yourself with extra Chick-fil-A Mini's sitting in your refrigerator, it is best to eat them within two days, so you don't end up with spoiled food.
This is especially important if you have small children who might accidentally leave food out all day before eating it later in the evening or at night.
Can I Freeze Chick-Fil-A Mini's?
Yes, you can freeze Chick-fil-A Mini's! You may not have thought about it before, but freezing them doesn't affect their taste.
They will still taste great when defrosted and heated in the microwave.
How To Reheat Chick-Fil-A Mini's?
The best way to reheat Chick-fil-A minis is in the microwave.
You can also reheat them in the oven or stovetop, but these methods may result in a soggy or dry product.
Is there anything I should know before I make it?
Chick-fil-A Mini's are made with 100 percent white breast meat chicken.
If you want to make chicken nuggets at home using dark meat, check the ingredients label on your favorite brand.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Chick-fil-A Mini ahead of time! They’re great for parties, tailgating, and more.
We recommend making them right before serving.
If you want to make them beforehand, prepare the batter and pre-bake them before serving.
Then add the cheese and toppings right before serving.
You can also freeze the unbaked minis after they're cooked to reheat later.
Just be sure to let them thaw completely before baking again!
Making your own version of Chick-fil-A's Chicken Mini's at home is surprisingly easy and delicious.
With just a few ingredients and some basic kitchen equipment, you can enjoy these tasty breakfast sandwiches anytime you want.
So, gather your ingredients and give this recipe a try!
Get your free Grilling Time & Temperature Chart Printable when you subscribe to my email list! I’m so excited to share this printable with you! It will help make grilling a breeze. You’ll never have to wonder what temperature to cook your food at again. Plus, you’ll get great emails packed with recipes, tips, free printables, and more!
Copy Cat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Mini's Recipe
- 2 large Chicken Breasts – cut into Nugget size pieces
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
- 2 cups of Flour
- 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Pickle Juice
- 1 cup of Milk
- 3 cups of Oil – for the Deep Fryer or Skillet
- 1/2 stick of Butter – Melted
- 3 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 package of Sister Schubert's Dinner Yeast Rolls – in the Frozen section
- In a large bowl, combine the Flour and Powdered Sugar, and stir until well blended.
- Set aside. Place the Milk, and Pickle Juice in a bowl, stir, and set aside with the Flour mixture.
- On a cutting Mat, place the Chicken Breasts, and sprinkle with the Salt and Pepper.
- Cut into Nugget sized pieces.
- Place the Oil in your Deep Fryer, or in a deep heavy bottomed Skillet, and heat on Medium High, until hot.
- Place the Chicken on the Mat, the bowl of Milk mixture, and the Flour mixture close to the Deep Fryer or Skillet.
- Dip the Chicken Nuggets in the Milk Mixture, and then in the Flour.
- Place a few of the Dipped pieces on a large slotted Spoon, or Fryer spatula, and lower them into the hot Oil.
- Fry for about 8 – 10 minutes, or until the pieces are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Continue until all the Chicken Nuggets have been cooked.
- While you're frying the Chicken Nuggets, heat the Dinner Rolls. Follow package directions.
- When Rolls are heated, remove from the oven, and place on a heat proof surface.
- In a small dish, place the Butter, and Honey, and heat in the microwave until the Butter is melted. (About 30 seconds)
- Stir to combine, and brush the Honey-butter on the tops of the Rolls.
- When all the Nuggets are cooked, cut the Rolls in half, and place a Nugget on each half of the Rolls. Serve with BBQ Sauce, Honey, or other favorite Dipping Sauces, and your favorite sides.
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Chick-Fil-A Mini's Turned Out!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!