Crunchy homemade granola is layered together with fresh fruit and honey-sweetened Greek yogurt in this incredibly delicious Strawberry Banana Parfait with Homemade Granola Recipe.
On weekends, it's no problem finding the time to make a real, sit-down-and-enjoy-it breakfast. But during the week, it's another story altogether. That's why I'm always on the hunt for fast and easy, healthy, and delicious breakfast ideas like this Strawberry Banana Parfait recipe.
The homemade granola mixed with fresh fruit and creamy Greek Yogurt sweetened with honey takes this breakfast parfait to another level!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY BANANA PARFAIT WITH HOMEMADE GRANOLA
Strawberry Banana Parfaits may look like they take a lot of time and effort to make, but they're actually really quick and easy to put together. In fact, the hardest/longest part is making the homemade granola.
However, once the granola is made, you can throw these breakfast parfaits together in no time at all! And, since you can make them ahead of time, you'll save even more time on busy mornings with this grab-and-go breakfast idea.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- mason jars or another container with lid
- Silpat mat
- baking sheet
- food processor or high-powered blender
- large mixing bowl
- measuring spoon
- measuring cups
STRAWBERRY BANANA PARFAIT INGREDIENTS
This easy breakfast recipe takes a few common ingredients and turns them into a healthy and delectable morning treat. In fact, I bet you have a lot of the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
You’ll find the complete list of ingredients and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
STRAWBERRY BANANA PARFAIT RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Preparing these parfaits is a breeze! Like I mentioned above, once you have the granola made, you can throw these parfaits together in less than 15 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE GRANOLA
Making the homemade granola for this Strawberry and banana Parfait recipe is really quite simple.
To get started, you'll preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet with a Silpat mat or a piece of parchment paper.
Then, in a high-powered blender or a food processor, you'll combine the pitted dates, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
From there you'll transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl, add in the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, salt and cinnamon, and mix it all together until it's well combined and the oats and nuts are nicely coated.
Then you'll simply transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking dish, pat it down into a nice, even layer, and bake until lightly golden brown. This usually takes about 20 minutes.
After letting it cool, you'll remove it from the pan, allowing it to crumble on its own.
Now all that's left is to layer the granola, along with the fresh fruit and yogurt, in mason jars or other serving containers.
See, easy peasy!
EASY AND VERSATILE BREAKFAST RECIPE
This breakfast parfait recipe is so quick and easy to make up, and it's also incredibly versatile.
You could swap out the fruits for blueberries, pineapple, raspberries, or any other of your favorite fruit pairings.
Or you could swap out the plain Greek yogurt for a flavored one.
Mmmmm, I'm picturing lemon Greek yogurt with blueberries and raspberries…yummy!
MORE TASTY BREAKFAST RECIPES
Looking for more quick and easy breakfast recipes like these Strawberry Banana Parfaits? Check out these:
- BACON, EGG, AND CHEESE BREAKFAST POCKETS
- HOT CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT PANCAKES
- PUFF PASTRY STRAWBERRY STRUDEL
Strawberry Banana Parfaits
- 6 large dates pitted
- 3 tbsp natural almond butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup raw almonds roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large bananas sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- Pre-heat -oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a bit of overlap on the sides.
- In a high-powered blender or a food processor, combine the pitted dates, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the date mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the oats, cinnamon, salt, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Mix until well combined and the oats and nuts are nicely coated.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking dish and pat down into an even layer. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake until lightly golden brown and toasted on top, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Granola will crumble as you remove it from the pan, with some larger chunks.
- To serve, alternate layers of Greek yogurt, granola, sliced bananas, and fresh strawberries in 4 parfait dishes or mason jars. Enjoy!