Charcuterie boards are all the rage, and this Mickey Mouse Charcuterie Board is perfect for a Disney-themed party! It's easy to put together, and it will be the hit of your next get-together.
This Mickey Mouse charcuterie board is the perfect appetizer for your next holiday gathering. It's easy to put together and full of delicious treats that will please all of your Disney-obsessed friends.
Why You’ll Love This Charcuterie Board
- Charcuterie boards are a no-brainer for entertaining! Everyone comes to a halt to pick up their preferred meat, cheese, and fruit.
- You can make this charcuterie board as simple or as gourmet as you like by varying the ingredients. This charcuterie board can easily be made vegetarian by omitting the meat.
- You can prepare this simple festive meat and cheese board a few hours ahead of time, allowing you to spend time right before the party making the punch and finishing touches on the table.
- With this adorable star topper, our simple appetizer is a festive way to brighten up any table!
This Mickey Mouse charcuterie board is perfect for a fun and festive appetizer at your next party! It's easy to put together, and everyone will love the cute Disney-themed design. Serve with your favorite meats, cheeses, and fruits for a delicious snack.
The full ingredient list and directions are found below on the printable recipe card.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products we believe you’ll love. So if you purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. And remember, we only recommend items that we use and love.
Equipment Needed to Make Charcuterie Board
- Board or Plate
- Serving Knives (Optional)
- Large Mickey Mouse Head Cookie Cutter
- Small Mickey Mouse Head Cookie Cutter
- Large Mickey Mouse Hand Cookie Cutter
- Small Ramekin Filled with Jam Of Choice
Ingredients For Your Charcuterie Board
- Cheddar Cheese, Small Cubes
- Pepper Jack Cheese, Small Cubes
- Colby Jack Cheese, Small Cubes
- Double Creamed Brie Cheese, Mickey Mouse Head Shape
- 3-4 Babybel Cheese Rounds
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Blueberry Goat Cheese Log
- Salami, For Mickey's Heads (7 For Each 1)
Fruits And Veggies:
- Fresh Raspberries
- Baby Tomatoes
How To Make A Mickey Mouse Charcuterie Board
Step 1: Start with Salami
Take your first slice of salami and lay it on a clean surface or cutting board. Lay the next salami on top of the previous salami only covering half of the bottom salami. Repeat with 4 more salami round slices.
Now roll the salami up into a circle. Place the salami circle in a small glass and set it to the side. Begin the mickey ears by rolling up 1 salami round into a small circle. Use toothpicks to adhere the ears to the mickey head. Create a second mickey head and set it to the side.
Step 2: Cheese Time
Use a large-sized Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter and press it into the Brie. Remove the excess Brie and set the Mickey head Brie to the side.
Step 3: Setting up the Board
Choose a large, flat, circle wood board or a Mickey Mouse head wood board.
Start by putting the Brie, Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter, and Mickey Mouse hand cookie cutter on the board. Next place your Mickey Mouse salami heads on the board, placing them on separate ends. Fill your small ramekin with your jam of choice and place it on the board.
Add your small chunked cheese to your Mickey hand cookie cutter, and spread evenly.
Place the remaining cheese on the board. Add the fruit, olives, and tomatoes to the board. Fill in the empty spots on the board with your pretzels and Jordan almonds. Fill your Mickey head cookie cutter with Mickey Mouse Goldfish crackers. Serve and enjoy the charcuterie board.
This recipe yields 5 to 6 servings and can be prepared for about 30 minutes.
What to Serve with Your Charcuterie Board
On many occasions, a Charcuterie Board can serve as an appetizer or even a meal. Make sure the board has a variety of cured meats, cheese, and other food that can go with both.
A dessert version of the Charcuterie Board can be a great source of inspiration. On the board, snack-style desserts can be mixed and matched.
Champagne and sparkling wine are frequently regarded as the best wine matches with a Charcuterie Board due to their high acidity, low alcohol content, and affinity for salty foods.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
This Charcuterie Board will astound anyone, but there is a substitute for this incredible platter. Many people find inspiration in the traditional method of making the Charcuterie Board, and many variations have been popular. These versions can be quite unusual, such as a pancake board, dessert Charcuterie Board, French fries and dips, and, of course, the vegan option. The possibilities are endless.
How to Store Mickey Mouse Charcuterie Board
Best Way To Store Charcuterie Board Leftover
Sure, having a Charcuterie Board is nice for any occasion, but we don't want to waste any leftovers. In the case of leftover cheese, the general rule is that soft cheeses must be refrigerated for safety reasons, whereas hard cheeses do not need to be refrigerated, but refrigeration will help to extend their shelf life. It is recommended to vacuum-pack and seal leftover cured meats to extend shelf life once placed in the refrigerator.
How Long Will Charcuterie Board Last In the Fridge?
The Charcuterie Board can be stored in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving, but allow 30 to 40 minutes before serving.
Can I Freeze Charcuterie Board
Some of the items on a Charcuterie Board, such as hard cheeses and cured meats, cannot be frozen. This causes the tenderness and flavor of the food to deteriorate.
Can I leave the Charcuterie Board in the fridge?
No, it is unnecessary to refrigerate the entire Charcuterie Board; however, knowing which items are better cold and which are better at room temperature will improve the overall experience.
Can you use any board for charcuterie?
Yes, you can use any shape or size of board you want. The board does not have to be made of wood; anything will do, including round lazy Susan or large rounds with handles.
Is a Charcuterie Board the same as a cheese board?
No. The main difference between a charcuterie and a cheese board is the ingredients; charcuterie refers to various meat dishes, whereas a cheese board is a collection of cheeses served together. A charcuterie or cheese board is a display of finger foods on a slate or tray.
Can Charcuterie Board be healthy?
Yes, vegan alternatives and minimally processed foods can be added to your Charcuterie Board for a healthier option. There are vegan meats, cheeses, and dips to choose from. Then, on the board, arrange sliced vegetables, fruits, nuts, crackers, and bread slices.
Is it possible to put together a Charcuterie Board ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the entire board ahead of time or just the cured meat and cheese. The board can be wrapped and chilled up to 24 hours ahead of time.
Other Charcuterie Board Recipes You’ll Love
Charcuterie board spreads have been one of the most popular food trends on social media this year. First and foremost, they are visually appealing, and we eat with our eyes as well as our mouths. Second, eating off a charcuterie board allows adults to forego flatware and enjoy finger food in a more refined setting.
Even if charcuterie boards appear to be a little fancy, they don't have to be devoid of whimsy and fun. People on social media are incorporating their love of food and Disney's Mickey Mouse into the art of charcuterie in some inventive and delicious ways. Aside from Mickey Mouse Charcuterie Board, you may try these exciting recipes below:
Mickey Mouse Charcuterie Board Recipe
Mickey Mouse Charcuterie Board
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese small cubes
- 4 ounces Pepper jack cheese small cubes
- 4 ounces Colby jack cheese small cubes
- 1 8 oz double creamed Brie cheese Mickey Mouse head shape 3-4 Babybel cheese rounds
- 1/4 cup cup Fresh Mozzarella
- Blueberry Goat Cheese log
- 1/4 cup cup whole black olives pitted 1⁄4 cup whole green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup cup whole black olives pitted
- 14 slices salami for the Mickey heads ( 7 for each 1 )
- Fruits and Veggies:
- 1/4 cup cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes
- 1 cup Chocolate covered pretzels
- 1/4 cup cup Holiday Jordan Almonds
- 1/4 cup Mickey Cheddar Goldsh Crackers
- 1 LG Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter
- SM Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter
- LG Mickey Mouse Hand cookie cutter
- 1 SM Ramekin filled with jam of choice
- Take your first slice of salami and lay it on a clean surface or cutting board.
- Lay the next salami on top of the previous salami only covering half of the bottom salami.
- Repeat with 4 more salami round slices.
- Now roll the salami up into a circle.
- Place the salami circle in a small glass and set it to the side.
- Begin the mickey ears by rolling up 1 salami round into a small circle.
- Use toothpicks to adhere the ears to the mickey head.
- Create a second mickey head and set it to the side.
- Use a large-sized Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter and press it into the Brie.
- Remove the excess Brie and set the Mickey head Brie to the side.
- Choose a large, flat, circle wood board or a Mickey Mouse head wood board.
- Start by putting the Brie, Mickey Mouse head cookie cutter, and Mickey Mouse hand cookie cutter on the board.
- Next place your Mickey Mouse salami heads on the board, placing them on separate ends.
- Fill your small ramekin with your jam of choice and place it on the board.
- Add your small chunked cheese to your Mickey hand cookie cutter, and spread evenly.
- Place the remaining cheese on the board.
- Add the fruit, olives, and tomatoes to the board.
- Fill in the empty spots on the board with your pretzels, and Jordan almonds.
- Fill your Mickey head cookie cutter with Mickey Mouse Goldfish crackers.
- Serve and enjoy the charcuterie board.
Please return and share your thoughts and experiences with me on how your Mickey Mouse Charcuterie Board Turned Out!
If you get a chance to try it, let us know! Leave us a comment below, or share it with a picture on Instagram or Facebook! Don’t forget to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see what amazing meals you are cooking up!