These delicious gluten-free Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits are the perfect way to infuse a little cozy homemade warmth into any meal. Packed full of melted cheesy goodness and spicy jalapeno bits, these beautiful, buttery, fluffy biscuits are just begging to be devoured!
Picture a batch of freshly baked Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits cooling on a baking sheet filling your kitchen with the warm scent of made-from-scratch biscuits, melted cheddar, and fresh jalapeño spiciness. Now imagine yourself taking a bite out of one of those fluffy, steamy, moist homemade biscuits.
Mmmmmm! Can’t you just taste the golden deliciousness of melted cheddar and the spicy punch of fresh jalapeño as the light and airy biscuit practically melts on your tongue?!
Now that I have your attention, bring that image to life with this quick and easy, gluten-free recipe!
These melt-in-your-mouth biscuits are the perfect addition to any meal (try ’em with this Slow Cooker Spanish Lime Soup). Soft, flaky, and moist, these homemade biscuits pack just the right amount of heat from the jalapeños. Best of all, they are really easy to make!
Ready to see how to make these easy gluten-free Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits?
How To Make Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits
Packed with sharp cheddar and spicy fresh jalapeños, these beautiful, buttery, tender biscuits are just begging to be devoured! Find the complete ingredients and instructions in the printable recipe at the end of the post.
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
Ingredients Needed for Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits
This quick and easy gluten-free biscuit recipe uses everyday kitchen staples to create a delectable, light and flaky biscuit. All you need is:
- Gluten-Free Bisquick baking mix
- Baking powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Fresh Jalapeno’s – diced
- Colby Jack cheese
- Half n half
Homemade Biscuit Recipe Instructions
Making these homemade biscuits is incredibly easy. You basically mix the dry ingredients, fold in the cheese and jalapenos, then add in the wet ingredients. Next, knead the dough, form into a disc, cut and bake! Once done, brush them with butter and watch them disappear! That’s it – the whole process takes about 20-25 minutes.
Can I Store Any Unused Extra Biscuit Dough?
If you only want to make a few biscuits now, you can save the leftover dough to make more biscuits later. Simply place any unbaked biscuits in a sturdy plastic bag and freeze for up to 1 week.
Can I Store Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits?
These biscuits are so good I’m willing to bet you won’t have any left. But if you do, these biscuits can be stored in a freezer-safe container. Just be sure to let them cool completely, then wrap twice to avoid freezer burn, and place them in an airtight container.
Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits Recipe – Printable
Gluten-Free Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Bisquick baking mix
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh jalapeños diced
- 1 ½ cups Colby Jack cheese shredded
- ¾ cup half n half
- 2 eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder together, until well blended.
- Add the cheese and Jalapeno peppers, and toss together until completely combined.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour mixture, and add the half n half and the eggs. Stir well to blend into the flour mixture.
- Once all ingredients are mixed together, turn the biscuit dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough about 4 or 5 times, only until it just comes together.
- Flatten the dough out into a disc shape that's about 1/2 to 1 inch thick, and then cut out the individual biscuits with a biscuit cutter.
- Continue cutting out the biscuits until all the dough has been used. As you go, combine any leftover dough into another disc, and then continue cutting out biscuits until all of that dough is used.
- Place the cut-out biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and brush the biscuits with melted butter. You could also top each biscuit with a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and a slice of jalapeño.
- Serve and enjoy!
I really hope you enjoy this easy homemade gluten-free Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits recipe!
If you’ve made any of our recipes we’d love to know! Share them on Instagram or Facebook, and make sure you tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see all the things you’ve tried!