One Pot Sausage Casserole Recipe
This one pot sausage casserole is made with all the right ingredients. Packed with so much flavor! Sausage, rice, broccoli, all combined to give you a simple and quick dinner! One-pot meals are my favorite kind of meals to make, and this version features turkey sausages, for a healthier option.
I’m all about a one-pot meal. They’re easy, convenient and the perfect dinner solution for any busy family.
In all my experience in cooking, I think my favorite kitchen item is my Dutch oven. There’s just so much you could do with it.
My One Pot Sausage Casserole is just so darn delicious! I like to consider it an end-of-week meal because you can dump all the leftover vegetables you have and create a delicious dish for the entire family!
I always have rice in my pantry, so this dish is extremely convenient for me to make. Would your family like it, too?
How To Make One Pot Sausage Casserole
The one great thing about this recipe is it is very versatile. You can use any sausage you want. In this recipe, I use turkey sausage, but you can use pork, chicken or whatever you have in the refrigerator. As for the rice, I used jasmine, but you can use white or brown rice. The rest of the ingredients you will need are, garlic, oil, cream, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, and salt and pepper to taste. I always love making easy rice recipes for dinner, there is something comforting about a good casserole.
- Cook the sausage
- Add the garlic
- Add the rice, cream, and water
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower
- Simmer and cook
Tips for Cooking One-Pot Meals
Using the right ingredients is always the best option. Fresh vegetables are always better. Especially when they are in season, you will get the best flavor.
Organize all your ingredients before you start. Who wants to be in the middle of putting a meal together, to find out they don't have one of the ingredients.
Brown your meat first. This step is so important to the flavor of a good one pot meal. It not only caramelizes the meat, but it leaves delicious “bits” in the bottom of the pot that gets scraped in with the next layers to come.
One Pot Sausage Casserole
One Pot Sausage Casserole
- Dutch Oven
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8-9 small turkey sausages
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup cooking cream
- 1 ½ cups small broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups small cauliflower florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven.
- Cut turkey sausages into bite sized pieces and cook in heated Dutch oven.
- Once sausages are cooked, add minced garlic.
- Add rice, water and cooking cream and mix.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower florets and allow the entire mixture to boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer, cover for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, give it a stir and season with as much salt and pepper as desired.