This Spanish Lime Soup is packed with so much goodness. Chicken, Corn, Black Beans, onion, fire-roasted garlic tomatoes and more. These ingredients give you a sweet but spicy taste! Add your favorite toppings and you will think you are sitting in a Spanish restaurant sipping sangria while you enjoy your meal.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons, the color of the leaves, wearing my favorite cozy sweater and just sitting back and enjoying the scenery. With the leaves changing and the cooler weather setting in, I love to make homemade soups, and this Slow Cooker Spanish Lime Soup is one of my favorites to make.
I still remember the first time I ever tried Spanish Lime Soup was when we took a cruise and one of the places we visited was in Mexico. We ordered it and I fell in love with the taste. The deliciously spicy, sour, and salty broth that will keep you coming back for more!
There is no better way to enjoy your favorite recipes than in the comfort of your own home. Knowing what you are putting into the recipe is comforting. Slow cooker soups are one of the easiest things you can make. It really only involves throwing everything in the crockpot and letting it do the work for you. You set it and forget it and go on with your day. When it is time to serve dinner, the aroma coming from the slow cooker filled with your soup will make you drool.
How to Make Slow Cooker Spanish Lime Soup
The Spanish Lime Soup recipe calls for a bunch of ingredients, but don’t let that deter you. It is an easy recipe to make and you won’t regret it. You just need to add the ingredients and start the slow cooker. The base of the soup is chicken broth, but once you start adding the other ingredients it sets it’s self apart from basic chicken soup. This Slow Cooker Spanish Lime Soup is tart, sweet and spicy. Of course, you control the ingredients so you can customize the number of spices and lime juice to your liking.
Kitchen Tools You May Need
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- Chicken Broth
- Black Beans
- Fire-roasted garlic tomatoes
- Red onion
- Rotisserie chicken
- Chili Powder
- Green onion
Spanish Lime Soup Recipe Instructions
With the ingredient list, you are probably wondering how hard this is going to be. It is honestly easy, with the rotisserie chicken already cooked, that makes it so much easier. Just shred it, add all the ingredients and start the slow cooker.
Toppings For Your Soup
Toppings to be are the best part of any soup. For the Slow Cooker Spanish Lime Soup, you can add avocado, green onions, tortilla strips, shredded cheese or even sour cream. You have control of what you want to add.
Slow Cooker Spanish Lime Soup - Sopa De Lima Recipe
- 3 cans Chicken Broth
- 1 Can of corn
- 1 Can of black beans
- 1 Can of fire roasted garlic tomatoes
- 1 Red onion - diced
- 1 lg. Jalapeno - seeds removed and diced
- 1 bundle of Cilantro - leaves pulled of stems and finely minced
- 4-5 limes - juiced
- 1 Rotisserie chicken - Meat pulled off the bone
- 1 Tbsp. of Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. of Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp.of Salt
- 1 Tbsp. of Chili Powder
- 6-7 stalks of green onion - diced for garnish
- 2- Avocado - seed removed and chopped
- Using a crock pot on high heat
- Add your broth first , then your canned items ( drain off excess juice from each can ) - Stir to combine
- Dice your onion, jalapeño, cilantro and add to the soup - stir to combine
- Slice your limes and squeeze the juice into your soup - stir to combine
- Begin to peal your pre-cooked chicken off the bone and place all the meat in your soup - Stir to combine
- Add your Cumin, Black Pepper, Salt, and Chili powder to soup and stir to combine
- Let cook for 2 1/2 hours on high
- Prepare your garnish, chop the avocado and green onions - set to the side