With well-seasoned, deliciously crispy outsides and smooth, creamy centers, these made from scratch Skillet Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes are delicious and easy to make!
Saturday mornings are one of my favorite days of the week. It's the one day where we actually have the time to cook a real, sit-down-and-enjoy-it breakfast… eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, coffee, orange juice, and my famous Skillet Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes.
These Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes are truly some of the BEST breakfast potatoes I've ever had. Perfectly seasoned and golden brown on the outside and deliciously tender and creamy on the inside.
They're sure to become a favorite in your home, as well!
HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN BREAKFAST POTATOES
I'm sure you've heard the saying that sometimes the simplest dishes are the best. Well, that saying is especially true when it comes to these pan-fried potatoes.
These Skillet Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes are so quick and easy to fry up, and they pair perfectly with any of your favorite breakfast entrees.
They go well with eggs, breakfast meats like sausage and ham, fresh fruit, and even yogurt. Plus, this recipe is versatile enough that it can easily be part of a lunch or dinner meal.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
PARMESAN BREAKFAST POTATOES INGREDIENTS
This easy breakfast recipe uses just a few common ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchens including potatoes, red bell pepper, onion, and a few common seasonings. You’ll find the complete list of ingredients and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
PARMESAN BREAKFAST POTATOES RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Preparing these Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes is a breeze! There are no fancy steps, and everything is cooked in the same skillet – so less mess to clean!
You'll have a delicious and filling breakfast side ready to serve in about 30 minutes or less!
WHAT'S THE BEST POTATO TO USE?
When it comes to the best potato for making Skillet Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes, I'll tell you gold or yellow potatoes every time. This is because they are nice and creamy and produce a more buttery flavor without any actual butter. Baby Yukon gold are my favorites, but any other creamy variety will work.
HOW TO GET PERFECT BREAKFAST POTATOES EVERY TIME
Perfect breakfast potatoes are nice and crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. To get yours perfect and avoid a mushy mess, here are some things I've learned:
- First, take the time to cut your potatoes into small pieces that are all the same size. Cutting potatoes into different sized pieces can lead to some pieces being overdone while others are underdone.
- Second, don’t overload the skillet with too many potatoes. Doing so will make it hard to brown them and cook them all equally. Instead, make sure you spread the pieces evenly in the pan in a single layer.
- Lastly, do not cover the potatoes. While this does help them to cook quicker, it also results in mushy potatoes. Leave the lid off and stir occasionally so you’re browning all sides.
MORE TASTY BREAKFAST RECIPES
- BACON, EGG, AND CHEESE BREAKFAST POCKETS
- HOT CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT PANCAKES
- PUFF PASTRY STRAWBERRY STRUDEL
Easy Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes
- 3 medium yellow potatoes diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- ½ medium red onion diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the red pepper and onion and sprinkle with garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir well to combine
- Cook, stirring frequently until the pepper and onion soften and develop a bit of color, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and slightly crispy, around 6-7 minutes. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the warm potatoes. Cover just until the cheese melts and serve immediately.