Instant Pot Parsley Penne Pasta
Are you ready for the most delicious bowl of penne pasta you’ve ever tasted? This flavorful Instant Pot parsley penne pasta is ready to serve in less than half an hour.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb 500 g dried penne
- 1 can approx 28 oz. diced tomatoes, including the juice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves + extra for garnishing
- Parmesan cheese for garnishing
Set IP to saute setting and heat up olive oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper and spices.
Pour vegetable broth and deglaze the bottom of the inner pot.
Add penne, diced tomatoes and ½ cup fresh basil.
Place lid and set for 5 minutes high pressure.
Once time is up, allow for a 15 min NPR.
Serve on pasta dishes and garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.