Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is one of the easiest ways to make this delicious chili. When you are in the mood for a comforting meal but don't want to spend all day standing in the kitchen, then all you need is to plug your crockpot in and make this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. It’s wonderfully hearty, comforting, and the layers of flavors are out of this world! Just dump everything in your slow cooker and let it do the hard work for you!
- 3 15- oz. cans Great Northern beans divided
- 1/3 c. water
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- ½ small red onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 4- oz. can mild green chilies
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 t. Mexican oregano
- 1 t. ground coriander
- ½ t. chipotle pepper powder
- 3 c. chicken broth preferably organic
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1½ c. Mexican blend cheese finely shredded, divided
Optional, to serve:
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper sliced
- 2 large limes cut into wedges
Drain and rinse the beans to remove excess salt. Place half the beans in a blender or food processor with some water and process until blended, but still slightly chunky. Transfer the puréed beans to a 5 or 6-quart slower cooker, along with the remaining whole beans.
Add chicken, red onion, garlic, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, Mexican oregano, coriander, chipotle pepper powder, and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired, and stir to combine. Cover and set cook time to 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
When cook time is complete, remove lid and add 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir to combine. Cover and allow cheese to melt for 1-2 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately with remaining Mexican cheese, fresh cilantro, avocado, jalapeño slices, and/or lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!