Sweet, juicy strawberries, peppery arugula, crisp fennel, and creamy feta are tossed together with a sweet and savory homemade vinaigrette dressing in this delicious Spinach, Strawberry and Fennel Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe.
If you, like me, enjoy salad but often get bored with the same old version. then you are going to love this Spinach, Strawberry and Fennel Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette! A gorgeous mix of colors, textures, and flavors, this salad makes for a delicious change and is anything but boring.
A delightful mixture of fresh baby spinach, arugula, juicy strawberries, crisp fennel, and feta cheese, this salad has a great balance of savory and sweet, crunchy and creamy soft. And, once it’s topped off with my savory homemade balsamic dressing, it’s packed full of flavor.
HOW TO MAKE SPINACH, STRAWBERRY, AND FENNEL SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
Using the freshest ingredients, this salad tastes like something you’d expect to order at a fancy restaurant. Except you can make it at home in about 15 minutes! Find the complete ingredients and instructions in the printable recipe at the end of the post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
- mandoline – makes slicing veggies a breeze!
- salad spinner – this is my favorite one!
- salad storage container – amazing product! Check out my review.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR SPINACH, STRAWBERRY, AND FENNEL SALAD
This quick and easy salad combines sweet, juicy strawberries, crisp fennel, peppery arugula, and crunchy fennel tossed together in a savory homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing for an easy salad that’ll delight your tastebuds!
- baby spinach
- feta cheese
Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Ingredients
- olive oil
- wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- Italian seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper
HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING
I love making homemade salad dressings, and a balsamic vinaigrette has always been one of my favorites. And since balsamic vinegar tends to bring out the natural bright sweetness of ripe strawberries, this homemade balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing is the perfect complement to this Spinach, Strawberry and Fennel Salad!
This beautiful Spinach, Strawberry and Fennel Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette is quick and easy to prepare. It comes together in just 15 minutes, which makes it perfect for lunch or even those busy weeknight meals.
HOW TO STORE SALAD AND DRESSING
If you are going to store this salad, be sure not to add the dressing until you are ready to eat. After combining the greens, fennel, strawberries, and feta, store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 day at most.
MIX THINGS UP
One of my favorite things about this salad is its versatility. You can easily mix things up by adding different ingredients. For example, add some protein with slices of grilled chicken, or some more crunch with a handful of almonds. Switch up the types of greens you use, and add more vegetables. The sky’s the limit!
SPINACH, STRAWBERRY, AND FENNEL SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE (printable)
Spinach, Strawberry and Fennel Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 cups baby spinach rinsed and dried
- 2 cups arugula rinsed and dried
- 1 bulb fennel medium bulb trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries rinsed, thinly sliced
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- fresh basil sprigs optional garnish
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- If making for later: combine spinach, arugula, fennel, strawberries, and feta in a container and mix well. Keep dressing separate until ready to serve.If serving immediately: arrange spinach and arugula on a serving platter and top with fennel, strawberries, and feta. Serve on chilled plates and dressing on the side.
Salad Dressing Instructions
- Whisk all ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Transfer to a serving container and set aside.
MORE EASY LUNCH RECIPES
Looking for more easy recipe ideas for lunch? I think you’ll love these: