Tender shrimp and fresh vegetables are seasoned with a tasty blend of chili powder, cumin, and garlic then served over a bowl of cilantro-lime rice in this quick and easy Shrimp Fajita Bowls recipe. It's a tasty and easy one-pan dinner that your whole family will love!
I'll admit that I'm guilty of getting take out instead of cooking. A lot. And my excuses range from I “don’t have the time to cook” to “it takes too much _______(time, money, energy) to make a complete meal that's also delicious”.
But why waste your hard-earned money on take-out when you can have a delicious, healthy, and quick meal all-in-one?!
These Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice are a great example of how you can have a flavorful, filling, and healthy meal on the table in 30 minutes or less – with only one skillet to clean!
Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro Lime Rice has that same great taste you get with shrimp fajitas. However, instead of being wrapped up in tortillas, these shrimp fajitas are served up in bowls over a bed of my mouth-watering Cilantro-Lime Rice. It's a delicious meal that your whole family will love!
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP FAJITA BOWLS WITH CILANTRO-LIME RICE
Full of perfectly-seasoned tender shrimp and fresh vegetables and served over a bed of cilantro-lime rice, this Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice recipe is sure to become a favorite.
You’ll find the complete list of ingredients and detailed instructions in the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. We only recommend items we use and love.
SHRIMP FAJITA BOWLS INGREDIENTS
This easy recipe uses everyday ingredients to create a delicious meal that’s full of flavor. All you need are a few common ingredients including:
- ingredients for cilantro-lime rice
- red, orange, and yellow bell peppers
- red onion
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- lime wedges
FAJITA BOWLS RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
Preparing these Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice is a breeze! There are no fancy steps, and everything is cooked in the same skillet – which means less mess to clean!
If you let the Instant Pot Cilantro-Lime Rice cook (instructions here) while you're making the shrimp bowls, you'll have a healthy, delicious, and filling meal ready to serve in 30 minutes or less!
CAN I USE FRESH OR FROZEN SHRIMP?
You can use fresh or frozen shrimp in this Shrimp Fajita Bowl recipe. However, I think they taste better when you use fresh! Just remember, if you do opt to use frozen shrimp, make sure they are fully defrosted before you cook them.
CAN I MAKE SHRIMP BOWLS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, these Shrimp Bowls can be made ahead of time and saved for later. Once you have made the bowls, keep them tightly covered in the fridge for up to 2 or 3 days. However, I find they taste best when eaten within 24 hours.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO SHRIMP FAJITA BOWLS?
These Shrimp Fajita Bowls taste great the way they are, but you can also add and/or substitute other ingredients. Some of my favorites include:
- baby spinach
- black beans
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
You could also turn this recipe into a salad by replacing the rice with greens. And for an extra-healthy twist, try using cauliflower rice instead of the Cilantro-Lime Rice.
CAN I MAKE FAJITA BOWLS WITH SOMETHING BESIDES SHRIMP?
Absolutely! If you're not a fan of shrimp, you can always use other proteins such as steak or chicken with this recipe. I personally love switching the shrimp for chicken!
MORE TASTY ONE-POT RECIPES
- ONE-POT SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
- SHEET PAN BALSAMIC CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
- INSTANT POT STUFFED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE
Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more if needed
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Cilantro Rice recipe link in instructions below
- Tip – prepare the Cilantro Lime Rice and let it cook while you are making this recipe.
- Begin by adding two tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add in the bell peppers and red onion, then season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften and develop a bit of color, around 10 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a plate and add the shrimp to the skillet adding a little more olive oil, if needed. Sprinkle with ground cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder, then season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook just until the shrimp turns opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Be sure not to overcook.
- To serve, divide the cilantro rice between four serving bowls and top each bowl with the cooked vegetables and shrimp. Garnish with lime wedges and a bit of fresh cilantro, if desired.