Fresh carrots, broccoli florets, sweet potatoes, red onions, and boneless skinless chicken breasts are brushed with a slightly sweet balsamic glaze then baked together on one sheet pan in this simple, yet delicious Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Vegetables recipe.
I am all about easy dinners. And what could be easier than tossing everything together and throwing it in the oven? This simple sheet pan Balsamic Chicken with Vegetables recipe couldn’t be easier…or more delicious! The part that takes the longest is marinating the chicken. But once that’s done, you simply put all of the ingredients on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven.
HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
While sheet pan dinners are simple by nature, this one is especially so as you are using chicken breasts which always cook quickly. Marinated in a tangy and sweet balsamic glaze and baked alongside tender carrots, sweet onions, and crispy potato wedges, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products we think you’ll love. So if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. And remember, we only recommend items that we use and love.
- Silpat mat – makes cleanup after baking a breeze! You can also use parchment paper
- baking sheet
- knife – the most amazing knife I own!
- large mixing bowl
- freezer bag – gallon size
SHEET PAN BALSAMIC CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
This delicious one-sheet dinner combines sweet potatoes, broccoli, red onion, carrots, and chicken breasts with a slightly sweet homemade balsamic marinade that practically begs to be eaten!
BALSAMIC MARINADE INGREDIENTS
The homemade marinade takes balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pure maple syrup, orange zest, fresh orange juice, sage, and thyme, and turns it into a mouth-watering glaze that tastes amazing on chicken and vegetables!
Making this sheet pan chicken and vegetables recipe really is quick and easy to prepare. After marinating the chicken, it comes together in about 20 – 30 minutes, which makes it perfect for those busy weeknight meals.
MIXING THINGS UP
You could easily make this one sheet chicken dinner with whatever combination of vegetables you have on hand. I’ve made it with red and yellow pepper, red potatoes, squash, and broccoli and it was amazing!
You could also try different marinades such as teriyaki, buffalo, or even garlic and herb.
CAN ONE SHEET CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can make this easy dinner ahead of time by marinating and keeping it the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. Once you’re ready, simply place the ingredients on a pan and toss it in the oven.
SHEET PAN BALSAMIC CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES PRINTABLE RECIPE
Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
Balsamic Marinade Ingredients
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh sage finely minced
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 4oz chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled, cubed
- 1 12 oz bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion cut into thick slices
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, thyme and sage in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in a gallon-sized freezer bag and pour the balsamic marinade over the top. Squeeze out any air and seal tightly. Carefully turn the bag to fully coat both sides of the chicken, and place it on the counter to marinate for at least 30 minutes. For a richer taste, place in the refrigerator for at least one hour or as long as overnight. Make sure to turn the bag occasionally while marinating to ensure all sides are soaked.
Preparing the Meal
- Place the top oven rack in the center position, and preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in the center of the prepared baking sheet. generously season with salt and pepper. Throw away bag and remaining marinade.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes, broccoli, and onion with the remaining olive oil, onion powder and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the seasoned vegetables around the chicken breasts in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are fork-tender and starting to brown. This takes approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
MORE DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES
Looking for some more quick and easy meals? Give these a try:
We hope you enjoy this Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetable recipe!
If you’ve made any of our recipes let us know! Share them on Instagram or Facebook, and be sure to tag us @sweetandsavorymorsels and use the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels so we can see all the delicious things you’ve made!