Seasoned beef, black beans, juicy grape tomatoes, creamy avocado and sweet corn, fresh lettuce, cheese, and crispy tortilla strips are all combined to perfection in this easy Beef Taco Salad recipe.
Looking for an easy and delicious taco salad recipe? Well, look no further because you’ve found it! This Beef Taco Salad recipe is the absolute best! And it takes so little time to make it.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF TACO SALAD
Did I mention that this taco salad is quick and easy? After browning and seasoning the meat, all you have to do is mix everything together! It rarely gets any easier than that!
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products we believe you’ll love. So if you make a purchase from one of these links, Sweet and Savory Morsels may make a small commission at no additional cost to you. And remember, we only recommend items that we use and love.
- Silpat mat – makes cleanup after baking a breeze! You can also use parchment paper
- baking sheet
- knife – the most amazing knife I own!
- large salad bowl
- large skillet
- mixing spoon
TACO SALAD INGREDIENTS
A good taco salad should always include lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, black beans, cheese, some type of meat or protein, and either tortilla strips, tortilla chips, or an edible taco salad bowl. Salsa, pico de Gallo, sour cream, and an optional salad dressing should be offered on the side.
This Beef Taco Salad has all of that and more! You’ll find a list of ingredients and the full instructions in the printable recipe card below. 🙂
Making this dinner recipe really is quick and easy. The only cooking involved is browning and seasoning the beef. From there, it’s simply mixing ingredients together. From start to finish it takes about 20 to 30 minutes, and then dinner is on the table!
WHAT GOES WELL WITH BEEF TACO SALAD?
BEEF TACO SALAD PRINTABLE RECIPE
Beef Taco Salad
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 4 large gluten-free corn tortillas cut into thin strips
- 1 cup black beans drained, rinsed
- ½ head iceberg lettuce finely chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes quartered
- ½ small red onion diced, small
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn warmed
- ¾ cup Mexican Blend Cheese finely shredded
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp chipotle powder halved
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with either a Silpat mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat then add the garlic and ground beef. Season with the cumin, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, and 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder, Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned, about 8-10 minutes. Be sure to break up the beef into small chunks with a spatula while stirring.
- While beef is browning, arrange strips of tortilla on the prepared baking sheet. brush lightly with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place in oven until crispy – about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir the black beans into the skillet with the beef until thoroughly coated with the seasonings. Remove from heat, drain excess fat from skillet, and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, avocado, corn, tomatoes, and onion. Sprinkle with remaining olive oil, chipotle, and fresh lime juice. Liberally season to taste with black pepper and salt, then toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer salad to platter and top with the seasoned beef black bean mixture, the Mexican Cheese, and tortilla strips.
MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES
Looking for some more quick and easy dinner recipes? Give these a try:
- SHEET PAN BALSAMIC CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES
- SWEDISH MEATBALLS WITH GERMAN SPAETZLE
We hope you like this Beef Taco Salad recipe!
If you make it, or any of our other recipes, let us know! Share your pics on Instagram or Facebook, tagging us @sweetandsavorymorsels and using the hashtag #sweetandsavorymorsels!